Sign in to follow this  
dmoore

DOZER/SNOW BLADE DIFFERENCE

dmoore

Since I wasn't raised up around the Wheel Horse tractor can someone explain the difference between the snow & dozer blades, if there is one? Thanks! :thumbs:

mr.pipes

They are the same thing. Where I am from they are called snow plows or plows. But plows can be confused for a garden or moldboard plow.

Kelly

Yes the front blades can be called both, but there are different styles of the snow/dozer blade to fit the diff. years and models of tractors, the one that fit's your tractor is the most common, and MANY years will fit.

dmoore

That's what I thought.......now if a nice one would pop up for sale.......... :thumbs:

can whlvr

check the want adds,theres usually lots of them around,i have a friend that lives in your neck of the woods,leesburg,not too close to the ocean but somewhere near you,and no shes not into wheelhorses,just horses

dmoore

Don, I'm kinda picky so I would have to have a nice restored one..no time to restore one! And we have lots of horses (4 legged) here on the Eastern Shore..... :thumbs:

C-160 Tractor

Yes the front blades can be called both, but there are different styles of the snow/dozer blade to fit the diff. years and models of tractors, the one that fit's your tractor is the most common, and MANY years will fit.

what are the differences in the styles?

I am currently looking for one as well for my C160. I am looking for it to move some dirt around.

Also I saw some video's on youtube with people with hydro lift they can really put the down force on the blade to scrape. I have a manual so no hydro, will it still be able to scrape dirt around as well?

thanks

mr.pipes

what are the differences in the styles?

I am currently looking for one as well for my C160. I am looking for it to move some dirt around.

Also I saw some video's on youtube with people with hydro lift they can really put the down force on the blade to scrape. I have a manual so no hydro, will it still be able to scrape dirt around as well?

thanks

Here is a link with info on all the different plows.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=541

Here are a couple links about the solid link used to apply down pressure.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=5067

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1187

can whlvr

yes with the solid link and my c160 auto i can put the front end in the air wheels off the ground

dsm382

thanks

why yes, yes you can scrap dirt no problem, might take a pass or two but my little B-80 manual don't mind a bit. :thumbs: although now the dang lift handle keeps falling out, need to find out how to fix that, but it does still work.

it took a few passes to get the gravel gone, but was able to start digging in the dirt with no problem.

i also leveled a bunch of ruts in the back yard with it, just put a bit of weight on the blade, made it harder to lift but it helped.

DSC03680small.jpg

there was a much larger rise in the drive before i started

DSC03677small.jpg

DSC03700small.jpg