Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Blue Wheel Horse - Not

T-Mo

I know I'm relatively new to Wheel Horses, but I think I can spot one when I see one and also I think I can spot a fake. Check this out that I found on Chicago's Craig's List:

Fake Wheel Horse painted blue

Notice the Wheel Horse decal in the one photo with blue overspray. Maybe this was one of those '69 and later Lawn Rangers. Is this a Wheel Horse or not? Looks more like it's not me.

nylyon

Humm.... That doesn't look like any Wheel Horse I've seen. I'm not sure what that sticker is, but it doesn't look like a model sticker.

T-Mo

That's what I was thinking also - it doesn't look like a Wheel Horse, more like a MTD, or a Murray or a AYP product. And the sticker......I would say obliviously stuck on either to stroke one's ego or to deceived or just because.....

refracman

the decal is a standard WH dealer decal from the 80s, and id have to agree it looks to be a mtd or murry

100_0391.jpg

Sparky

Definately not a Wheel Horse...good eye. Probably owned by someone who wished he had a Wheel Horse :D !

Mike......

perry

ya defintly a scrap dynomark or something. anybody email him yet and break the news.....false advertising.

Buzz

A dealer probably took the poor thing in on trade and slapped his sticker on it. I bought a used Chevy conversion van from a Chrysler dealer and he had one of his stickers on it. Seller probably thinks it's a horse..

Curmudgeon

Well, I finally got home and to this thread.

Buzz said what I was going to.. 'cept the Chevy/Chrysler thing....

Dale, getting his pennies worth in late

T-Mo

I email him and he corrected his ad. Click on the link above or here to see the corrected ad:

Corrrected Ad