Sign in to follow this  
Coadster32

606 Questions

Coadster32

Hey all. My nephew just got in a 606 after drooling over my 854 plowing duties this past winter. The tranny is freed up, as is the motor and the cutting deck that came with it. The question I have is that the dash plate has the empty spot and writing for the lights and electric start. Obviously it has neither, and the key is just run or off. Did someone switch the dash plate, or did they come like this and just remind you of what you could have bought. (I think it was switched). Also, I'm thinking it would use a 42" short frame snow bozer blade. I'll be looking for a plow, and a belt guard for it. Perhaps a new flywheel to add electric start to it as well.

mr.pipes

I think the only difference between the 606 and 656 is the features you mentioned. I have a 606 and I think it had a couple of those chrome push plug things. Plumbers call them Cock Hole Covers. I could take a look again sometime and double check.

wheelhorse656

I think the only difference between the 606 and 656 is the features you mentioned. I have a 606 and I think it had a couple of those chrome push plug things. Plumbers call them Cock Hole Covers. I could take a look again sometime and double check.

you are absoulutly right!!! same dash just with those crome hole plugs. they can be bought brand new at lowes for around 2.00 each.

dclarke

Chris, i have a dash plate from a "606" that has a couple of hole plugs in it. my guess is they came that way new. p.m. sent on the belt guard.

Kelly

My 656 had the plug in the hole for the lighter, I swaped engines and have the belt guard for the tucky if you need one.

Coadster32

Thanks for the reply guys. I have to admit, I thought Wheel-Horse wouldn't put a dash on that didn't belong, but I guess I'm off a bit on that. I appreciate the belt guard replys as well, and will hook up with Denny on that. (Thanks anyway Kelly). :thumbs: