Sign in to follow this  
yamahalic63

520-H Battery

yamahalic63

Hey guys, getting ready to wake up my 520 for the season and battery needs replaced. I think I saw somewhere along the way there were 2 battery sizes, one with more power than the one standard on my 520H. I'm thinking it was for a HC. Your thoughts?? Did a quick lookup online and can't seem to find it. :thumbs:

Kelly

You need the same size batt. but you can buy one with more cranking capacity and reserve power, go to a auto parts store like Napa, you will pay for it, but you will get a good batt. I have cheap walmart batt's and they last a few years, I have a Napa batt. and it's 6 years old and still works good, but cost $65 not $25 at wally world, you get what you pay for most of the time.

546cowboy

Personally I get my batteries a Wmart and they sell two bateries to fit garden tractors. The only one I buy is the 350 cca /275 and it is $27 just be sure to take an old battery with you or they charge you another $9.

I usually get 2 or three years out of one. Considering the other lower amp. battery is $25 and lasts a year, it just makes for a DUH moment to save $2.

dgjks6

sears/craftsman here for tractor batteries

Always had good luck with them. I have one now that is 5 years and one that is 3 and they are going strong.