Sign in to follow this  
MalMac

After market parts.

MalMac

I have got a Kohler K series tore down getting ready for a total rebuild. I have done this with several of my tractors so rebuilding one is not new to me. What is new to me is aftermarket parts. I have always used OEM but the price of the OEM

is just getting too far out of range for the budget now-a-days. I was just wondering what aftermarket brand names are out there that are quality. I know I do not care for Stens stuff. Are there any out there that compare or maybe even better than OEM. Just thought I would ask for some suggestions before I jump in and start spending. I don't want High performance for pulling just your normal rebuild.

rmaynard

There is a company in Taiwan that is OEM for many of the lawn and garden manufacturers. Their products are marketed under the label BBT Power Parts. I used their connecting rod, piston, rings, and valves in my K241 rebuild. So far, they seem to be fine. Major difference is the lower price.

You can get them from one of our RedSquare vendors: Brian's Small Engine & Mower Parts