Sign in to follow this  
Dresden Guy

Brought home a new "old one

Dresden Guy

Have been wanting a C-160 Auto w/ hydraulic lift for quite some time.. :D .. brought it home today to make friends with my C-160/8.

The C-160A had a snowblower and a 42" SD included, and they are both in good condition. Will need the thrower "flag", but otherwise, everything's there.

Later this afternoon I traded a friend a 211-5 with 38" SD for a Brinly back blade with bolt-on box sides and ripper teeth. A nice addition that I have been needing. I'm having 7 - 8 tons of #8 limestone delivered next Monday. :wh:

DSC01035.jpg

I will get better pictures later and of the Brinly back blade. The brake on the C-160A is unhooked or something ....... the connecting rod is there, but it is not connected to whatever it's supposed to be connected to. :D:thumbs:

smoreau

Nice tractor. great find!! :wh: :thumbs:

can whlvr

real nice tractor,i too have a c160auto,i love it she has tons of power and the hydro is real nice

Ken B

That is a super nice clean machine. I can tell you from experience, you are going to luv it! :thumbs:

Kelly

Nice looking machine, is it a 1977? I love the 16hp kohlers power and fairly easy on gas.

JC 1965

Nice one, way to go. :thumbs:

Dresden Guy

Nice looking machine, is it a 1977? I love the 16hp kohlers power and fairly easy on gas.

Kelly,

It's a 1976, I believe - it's a 61-16KS02. The engine does have some startup smoke but clears up fairly well. I haven't had time to do much with it. The lift and the hydro seem to work really well. I have to see about the non-working left brake pedal. I don't even know how it functions with the hydro (it's my first hydro). I have the Sunstrand tranny manual, just haven't gotten to it yet.

Does the brake pedal act as a parking brake, or as a regular brake with a brake band, or as a "jake" brake on the tranny ??? :thumbs:

Have you sold your c-160A yet?

Incidentally, I got a Brinly back blade from my buddy yesterday, (see my post above). I had planned on buying your backblade and then I got this other one from him. I am still planning on coming to your place to buy "stuff" :wh:

I have to get my shopping list together. Do you have "BOGO" deals, or do you take "RS Coupons"?? :D

Steve

Kelly

No coupons here, but the more you buy the cheaper the stuff gets, everyone that comes here wishes they had more money, and a bigger trailer.

Yes I have the C-160.

The pedal on many only returns the hydro to the neutral position, many do not have a brake, just the trans stops it, kinda like you said a jake brake in the trans.

floor-it

Steve,

You can purchase a flag and also a lift rod from a person in Rhode Island. I have the same 42" blower, and purchased both of the items from Dave in 2010.

The flag and lift rod are very high quality and make from cold rolled steel. He makes them to WH specs.

He is usually on e-bay and located in West Warwick, RI 02893.

If you want I can email him to see if he has any made. Normally I do not like to give out email or phone info without permission, so if your interested I can send him a message.

:thumbs:

Gary

can whlvr

like kelly said about the pedal,and there is a parking brake on the right side that works inside the trans axle,usually they dont work(if the 76 is the same as a 75)