Sign in to follow this  
ChevelleSSLS6

WH tow behind Tiller

ChevelleSSLS6

I was browsing on ebay, and found this! I was wondering...

1) how well do they work (when restored, or if anyone has a running original)

2) Is this 'restorable' without too much trouble?

3) I assume this needs a vertical crank engine mounted up near the circular hole where a belt is visible (see the pictures in the link). What engine was used?

eBay

Kelly

I've never used one so I can't comment on that, but pretty sure they used 6hp tecumsehs the earlier ones I think had 5.5 lausens.

whfan74

Never have used one personally but have been told by those that have that they tend to hop some due to fact there isn't much weight on them. They can't be all bad, would make a great show piece.

MalMac

I just sold one not too long ago. I never used it. I did just found some literature that talked about getting a speed reduction for the tractor. That is the first I have ever heard anything about having to put a reduction on the tractor. I have not found any paper work from Wheel Horse offering the reduction as an option. like said earlier I would think that the tiller would hop due to not enough weight and ground speed too fast.

ChevelleSSLS6

I just sold one not too long ago. I never used it. I did just found some literature that talked about getting a speed reduction for the tractor. That is the first I have ever heard anything about having to put a reduction on the tractor. I have not found any paper work from Wheel Horse offering the reduction as an option. like said earlier I would think that the tiller would hop due to not enough weight and ground speed too fast.

That shouldn't be an issue with a hydrostatic unit.... go from super slow creep to 'really fast for a garden tractor' with the flick of a lever (or don't touch the lever and it'll do that on its own. The old Bronco 14 likes to go fast.)

TT

I have not found any paper work from Wheel Horse offering the reduction as an option.

SR-64

MalMac

Thanks TT for posting that link to the SR. I knew I had read it somewhere. As long as I have been around Wheel Horse's there always seems to be something to be discovered. Thanks again.