Sign in to follow this  
dpm2000bolt

Working the Diesel

dpm2000bolt

I started with the Brinly Plow, followed with the Disc. I am new at doing anything in the garden so I figure I would try out the Tiller. I have yet to really work it as it hums right along with what ever I throw its way

IMG_4189.jpg

IMG_4187.jpg

IMG_4185.jpg

can whlvr

looks mean,so do u find the chains add traction with the ags,a topic here often

dpm2000bolt

looks mean,so do u find the chains add traction with the ags,a topic here often

well I had turf savers on it while I was messing with the plow and had no weight on them and the bottom plow was getting it spinning so I took the Ags off my Hydro and put turf savers on the Hydro and put the wheel weights back on the hydro I have the Ags loaded so they are about 70 lbs a tire filled with windshield wiper fluid, the chains was on the Ags so I just left them..

I have had the tires loaded for more them 8 years so I took the hubs off after reading about the keys and the hydro looks fine with no issues tighten it all back up and figure all is still good and I am going to keep running them so the chains have 140 lbs addded to them :thumbs:

Operator

NW Ohio huh? And you are playing in the dirt already! Must be nice, we still have white crap in my area. and hard [froze] ground. More power to you though.

Jim_M

Don't feel too bad Randy, I'm in NE Indiana and it's nothing but mud here. I couldn't even think about tilling yet.

dpm2000bolt

well I took the Diesel down and show Dad how to use the tiller on his C-160 as we tilled up a second garden this time with 2 tillers. :thumbs: went pretty fast I think dad is loving his horse.

I would compare the 10 horse to the 16 horse k341 but was running great

handyman48001

where did you find a deisel for your wheel horse?

handyman48001

I am a new wheel horse owner. I have had one now for about two years and I mow two acres with it. It is a C 175 auto. I believe it to be a 1983 model. Then last year I bought a C 165 eight speed 1981 according to the numbers on the tractor. I am starting to restore the c 165 and will probably have some questions about it. I will add some pics later. I have a 36 inch rear discharge deck and a 48 inch side discharge deck as well as a dozer blade. Would like to find a tiller for it. Thanks for this site it is great.

dpm2000bolt

I am a new wheel horse owner.

they are great tractors and alot of members that know alot about the machines. First off :thumbs: you are in a great place.

I got my Diesel from

www.carrollstream.com

I see that they are currently out of stock and have lowered the price $30, the motor runs great and I am very happy with it.

sgtsampay

dpm2000bolt= How long have you been using your diesel engine?

dpm2000bolt

Tax refund paid for it :thumbs: just like yours, so you might have gotten your a few weeks after me. you was talking about getting it and I was putting the final touches on mine

sgtsampay

I see, I see. LOL.

Technicly, I got the money for mine from the sale of the loader. :thumbs: Thanks again Micah!

jasonwolfington

I just got mine almost finished. The diesel works great. I also got mine from carol stream engine company.

Attached Image

post-3-1301956717.jpg

sgtsampay

Welcome Jason and that looks like a fine looking tractor there. :thumbs:

dpm2000bolt

I just got mine almost finished. The diesel works great. I also got mine from carol stream engine company.

Jason Sweet tractor and :thumbs: it looks done what do you have to do? have you had a chance to get to work it? how did you do your exhaust?

jasonwolfington

I still have to finish the wiring, install the headlights, deck wheels, and exhaust pipe.

I want the exhaust to exit under the tractor....so I am working on that right now and then I will install the battery and wiring.

I can pull start the motor and I have mowed with it this past weekend.

I took it about 90% apart and painted the parts separate and re-assembled it. I don't like the seat I bought because it is thick on the bottom and makes it a little close to steering wheel and makes me reach for the pedals...but that can be changed.

I worked hard to get the motor installed without cutting the hood and keeping the pulleys lined up (the pulleys ended up about .5 inches to the right side)...but all works fine with a little trimming on the belt shield.

I will try to get a few more pics up...they have to be sized down to upload here.

I really appreciate all the guys who post info on here and the other forum. Without all this information, I couldn't have done this restoration.

Jason

dpm2000bolt

I will try to get a few more pics up...they have to be sized down to upload here.

upload them to photobucket and then paste in the link to here then no resizing them.

jasonwolfington

Ok...I put the images on photobucket.

Photobucket image link

Thanks for the comments.

Jason

dpm2000bolt

looking good, where you putting the battery? I tucked mine under the seat

sgtsampay

Wow. Very nice job.. Well done...