sscotsman

Identify this dump cart?

sscotsman

Can anyone ID this dump cart?

1235400949_yThnV-L.jpg

1235400948_kiba8-L.jpg

1235401202_ALFYW-L.jpg

1235400926_2G3yf-L.jpg

I dont think its a Wheel Horse, based on photos of WH carts (I knew that when I bought it, just picked it up, got it cheap..) im just curious what it is..

I googled photos of dump carts, and that round draw bar on this one seems to be a somewhat unique feature..I could not find any photos showing that style of draw bar..they are always squarish on all the photos I could find..

I will probably use it until I find a good 1960's or '70's Wheel Horse dump cart to go with my model 854. (Im still looking for a WH dump cart! :thumbs: I have a post in the "wanted" section here) I figure I can use this cart until I find a good WH cart...then probably turn around and sell this one.

It looks like its been repainted, and wasnt originally red..

there are traces of yellow paint underneath, which made me think "Cub"..but I cant find any Cub photos that seem to match it either..

I could find no tags, numbers or markings of any kind.

Im just curious if anyone recognizes the heritage of this particular cart..

thanks!

Scot

C-Series14

The release lever is exactly like the one on my 1977 WH 18 cu. ft. dump cart. Mine has a "C" channel for the tongue

MikesRJ

67-10DC01 - 10 cu/ft Dump Cart

http://www.mywheelhorse.com/graphics/file/...01_803484R1.pdf

Model Number:...67-10DC01

Serial #:............None - None

Model Year:.......1976

Product Name:...10 Cubic Foot Cart

Product Brand:...Wheel Horse

Product Type:....Attachments

Product Series:..Attachments & Kits, Consumer Riding

sscotsman

67-10DC01 - 10 cu/ft Dump Cart

http://www.mywheelhorse.com/graphics/file/...01_803484R1.pdf

Model Number:...67-10DC01

Serial #:............None - None

Model Year:.......1976

Product Name:...10 Cubic Foot Cart

Product Brand:...Wheel Horse

Product Type:....Attachments

Product Series:..Attachments & Kits, Consumer Riding

NO WAY!! :wh::D

that is amazing!

I was so certain it WASNT a Wheel Horse dump cart!

I found one without even knowing it!

that is just too cool..

:thumbs:

thanks Mike!

now I have to restore it and get new decals for it! :D

Scot

SNYFIX

Ohio -- (aftermarket)

Some were sold w/WH decals on them.

sscotsman

Ohio -- (aftermarket)

Some were sold w/WH decals on them.

Thanks! :thumbs:

that makes sense..

So on the one hand, it is a "real' Wheel Horse dump cart, in the sense that it was painted and lettered for Wheel Horse, in 1976, recieved a Wheel Horse model number and owners manual, and was sold at WH dealerships..

but it wasnt literally "made by Wheel Horse" directly..it was made by Ohio Steel:

http://www.ohiosteel.com/

I would imagine quite a few carts, trailers and other accesories were "rebranded" this way, (and still are today)..not just Wheel Horse, but also John Deere, Cub Cadet, and all the tractor brands.."rebranding" is certaintly nothing new in this industry..

anyone know if ANY carts were actually made by Wheel Horse?

I wouldnt be surprised if they were all (or a majority anyway) built by a different company.

Scot

MikesRJ

Let me see if I can explain this rather clearly (or not). Wheel Horse didn't make many of their attachments and farmed that construction work out to many manufacturers.

The likes of Brinley, Ohio Steel, Gill, General Corp. (generators), Flightway Sales, Inc. (compressors), Ark Manufacturing (FEL's), Mars Industries (sweepers), Cyclone Seeder (seeders and spreaders), Herd Seeder Co. (seeders and spreaders), Amer-ind Mac Kissic (sprayers, chippers & shreaders), Fairbury Products (PTO's), Original Cab Co (cabs), Roxy-Bonner (reel mowers), Danuser Machine Co (post hole diggers), Cenol Co (insect foggers), Hayben (sickle bars), ARPS Co (rakes and graders), O. M. Scott & Son (spreaders, aerators, thatchers, and drop seeders), E-Z Rake (vacuum sweepers and thatchers), Hanson Equipment Corp (power sprayers), H. D. Hudson Co. (power sprayers), and many others.

All of these manufacturers fell under the generic term of "Allied Attachments" for Wheel Horse.

See this for more information on the topic:

http://www.mywheelhorse.com/graphics/file/...atalog_1970.pdf

sorekiwi

Mine has the "Ohio Steel Fabricators" decal, and a whole loat more dents, dings and rust!

Its been a great cart though, and one day it will get a birthday.

IMG_2837-1-1.jpg

squonk

Let me see if I can explain this rather clearly (or not). Wheel Horse didn't make many of their attachments and farmed that construction work out to many manufacturers.

The likes of Brinley, Ohio Steel, Gill, General Corp. (generators), Flightway Sales, Inc. (compressors), Ark Manufacturing (FEL's), Mars Industries (sweepers), Cyclone Seeder (seeders and spreaders), Herd Seeder Co. (seeders and spreaders), Amer-ind Mac Kissic (sprayers, chippers & shreaders), Fairbury Products (PTO's), Original Cab Co (cabs), Roxy-Bonner (reel mowers), Danuser Machine Co (post hole diggers), Cenol Co (insect foggers), Hayben (sickle bars), ARPS Co (rakes and graders), O. M. Scott & Son (spreaders, aerators, thatchers, and drop seeders), E-Z Rake (vacuum sweepers and thatchers), Hanson Equipment Corp (power sprayers), H. D. Hudson Co. (power sprayers), and many others.

All of these manufacturers fell under the generic term of "Allied Attachments" for Wheel Horse.

Mike you don't have any info on the Cyclone seeders do you? I just picked up a nice one. All metal,big hopper and pneumatic tires. I'm trying to figure out how old it might be. You don't see many like this nowadays.

sscotsman

Thanks Mike!

great info! :thumbs:

Scot

dennist

Mine looks similar with exception of hitch set-up straight tube vs round hitch tube. Mine is very strong and comes in handy all the time.

053.jpg

AMC RULES

Mine is the Toro/ :thumbs: variety. I'll have to dig it out and see if there are any other identifying manufacturers info on it.

dcrage

I have that cart -- My Dad bought it 40(?) yrs ago -- Now I need to start worrying about it sitting out in the weather and that I let it rust thru at the back joint with the frame

Never imagined it would be linked to Wheel Horse!!