Sign in to follow this  
whfan74

Over a year in the making..........

whfan74

Well this one came home last night after working on purchasing this tractor for over a year. I previously had acquired another 1054 and now this one will be it's running mate. The PO goobered up some of the wiring and started to do their own restoration on the hood. Everything is there minus the head light lenses (will get some from Glen) and the red tail light is missing but the bucket and bracket are still there. Once we get her up and running it will be another that gets torn down and freshened up.

Here it is.............

1054-1.jpg

Here is it's running mate, hood was taken off as well as bottom seat cushion during transport. Hopefully we can make them look as nice as Lane's 1054 collection.

1054.jpg

dandan111

Looks like a clean one Scott!

dclarke

Looks good Scott! that should keep you busy for a while.

Pollack Pete

Love those 1054's.I have one plus two 953's.Yours look great.Good luck with them.

Kelly

Nice looking, do both of them have GT14 rear wheels?? they look to wide for 953/1054 wheels I know the 953 used the narrow rims not sure on the 1054?

whfan74

Nice looking, do both of them have GT14 rear wheels?? they look to wide for 953/1054 wheels I know the 953 used the narrow rims not sure on the 1054?

:thumbs: That's a good question Kelly. I know exactly what you are talking about. I will have to do some more checking when I head out to the barn tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. Should be a pretty easy restoration on both of them. They are pretty straight and mostly there. Just a couple little things on both that shouldn't be too big of a problem and then we are off and running. Hoping to get a lot accomplished this year in the terms of making some of the collection look a lot nicer. Easier said than done!

Kelly

I do have a nice pair of narrow rims off a 953 with ags if you need some.

oldnugly

WHFan74- You're right. Lane has a cool collection of 1054's--great guy too! When you order your headlight lenses from Glen he can also supply you with the tailight lens if it's the same as on the 953. Thanks to Glen my 953 is properly lighted up!

Congrats on your new :thumbs:

KB9LOR

Nice twins....I am GREEN with envy!

VinsRJ

Look like you have a nice pair of 1054s... looking forward to the progress!

Nick

Did the 1054A have the wide rims?

whfan74

Not quite sure yet Nick.......hopefully Lane will jump in here and see this thread and give us a little more background on them.

Dad is heading out in to the barn today and is going to get the wiring straightened out and get the old girl running again. The other one now has spark but the tank or screen needs cleaned out since there is no gas making it through the fuel line. And yes we made sure the valve is open. :thumbs:

Too much to do and so little time! I am glad Spring Break is next week, maybe I will get a chance to get over there and get some things done.

tmessenger

I just sold a 1054 last week and it did not have wide rims maybe the 1054A is different ?

JC 1965

:wh: Looks like a good sound tractor, maybe even a good restoration project. :thumbs:

whfan74

:D Looks like a good sound tractor, maybe even a good restoration project. :wh:

That is what I am hoping for at some point down the road. Just glad to be able to save another one and add to the enjoyment of the collection. :thumbs: