Sign in to follow this  
mavfreak

moldboard plow

mavfreak

On Sunday I purchased a sears three point plow from Mike (case442) a fellow RS member. Quite a nice visit and he has some really nice horses.

I have a homemade three point hitch I fabed for my c161 twin so I had to try to make this plow work.

this plow doesn't look like it was ever used if maybe once or twice.

1301440421.jpg

Here is the homemade three point being fitted on the tractor.

1301440305.jpg

1301440197.jpg

Now I had to make the plow fit. The three point that sears has is very narrow so I had some fab work to do to just get it to mount up.

1301440048.jpg

1301439775.jpg

In those two pictures there is a lot of things that I hadn't figured out as of yet. like the angles and the fact that the center link was to short. so once the angles were adjusted and I added an extension to the center link I gave it a try.

1301439765.jpg

1301439961.jpg

1301439947.jpg

Now that I know it works I have some refining to do on the set up and also on the fab work. I need to strengthen the center link some and a few other things but other than that, it works!

I need my chains back on!

stoneman

That's a heck of a nice job there Heath. Great work. :thumbs:

case442

Heath that looks great! and It was a pleasure meeting you also.

Happy Ploughing!!!!

Mike

mavfreak

Thanks Mike. Hopefully the weather will start getting better and I can get out and play! I tried of being cold!

farmer

Looks like your all set to go, nice job on the 3 point linkage :thumbs:

repairman

That is a nice 3-point setup I had one of those sears suburban plows I made it fit a slot hitch,it worked OK but just seemed to be to short in overall length :wh:

:thumbs:

B-8074

Looks good. I like the design on the 3 point. Do you have any trouble with the center post for your top link? I've been thinking of a 3 point for my 175 and wasn't coming up with anything I liked for the top link.

mavfreak

Its heavy walled square tubing. I had tried many different things and this is what I came up with. It actually works better than I thought it would. I have been looking at it and may have something different but its just been rolling around in my head right now (planing stage :thumbs: ).

Olratlr

Looking Good on the Plow and Plowing. :thumbs: