Sign in to follow this  
6wheeler

Briggs engine

6wheeler

Good morning everyone. I have a problem. I aquired a Briggs and Stratton engine. I think it is an intek engine. It is a vertical twin and has no decals so I don't know what or how new it is. The model# is 445577, Type 9262-13, CCCE 0605154G. I tried to go on the websight to find the info but got nowhere. I am curious about the HP because I have a project machine for it. Any help will be appreciated..... Pat

Jim_M

It's fairly new and it's 23 horsepower.

6wheeler

Thanks Jim. As it turns out, I actually called customer service at Briggs. The engine is in fact a 2010 Intek 23hp. However, it is a sample engine that was sent to some company that is supposed to dispose of them after completing their testing. They are supposed to go to schools or be destroyed. It was not supposed to go into public use. The rep. asked me where I got it, I told him on C.L. for $150.00. He said, that happens alot with these engines and that it has no type of warranty. He was good enough to give me an extended model# so I can get parts for it though. I put it on my project and it runs fine.