Sign in to follow this  
MalMac

Seal Replacement

MalMac

Trying to replace seal on the brake shaft on a 8 speed. Looking for ideas on the best way to try and pull that small seal out. I have some but I know there is alot of knowledge on here with better ideas. Any and all opinions will be appreciated.

Kelly

After pulling the brake off, I use a right angle pick to get them out, tuff ones I use a SHARP small punch and drive it through the metal ring then pry out.

MalMac

Thanks for the idea Kelly, that is what I was kinda thinking. That small brake seal is a tuffy. It's on the 101.

Kelly

You get the carb fixed?? I can send you a parts carb if you still need it?

MalMac

No not yet. I have been working on about 3 tractors at the same time. I am starting to replace the fuel line and wiring. Got to looking at that tractor really good. I can't believe how tight the steering and front end is. I think the seals are just bad from sitting. From outward appearance I don't think the tractor had too many hours on it. Now as far as the motor who knows sense it came from the other tractor. All in all it will make a good tractor. If you decide to sell the motor that came off it let me know I might be interested.

Kelly

It's for sale send me a PM.