Sign in to follow this  
elixir20

elixir20

Hi Guys,

I picked up this 702 yesterday, with the intention of it being my first resto. As you can see it is rather rough, but it appears to be all there. It is not running, but the kohler turns over and has some but probably not enough compression. The gear selecor is stiff but goes easily into all 4 slots. So far the only real bad part is the seat pan. Can anyone tell me about the key that is pictured? I don't recall seeing a WH key like this??? I have a lot of reading to do about the restos, and I know many of you have done some terrific documentation with yours. I am not always the most mechanically adept person, so this will be some journey. I know to take pictures, pictures and more pictures to keep track of things. If that fails, hopefully I can put the 854 next to this one to figure out where things go...

Adam

IMGP0193.jpg

IMGP0188.jpg

IMGP0189.jpg

IMGP0186.jpg

IMGP0190.jpg

IMGP0191.jpg

IMGP0187.jpg

IMGP0192.jpg

IMGP0194.jpg

whfan74

Take that tab off the key. And don't lose that key.......they are becoming more rare. The two prong is an oldie! Looks like you have a fantastic tractor for restoration. Good luck with it and we are looking forward to the progress.

stevasaurus

Like Scott said...don't lose that key...I believe they call it the split key. Your horse looks to be pretty much original if not fully original. Nice find. :thumbs:

squonk

I would fix everything but the seat. That way if you use it for mowing ,on a hot day after a big meal, you won't fall asleep! :thumbs:

wallfish

Looks like a good one since all the goodies are there. That saddle is a bit rough.

Horse'n Around

I think its in pretty good shape myself,it looks good and complete. I really like it a lot. The seat has to go :wh: The shift boot is thrashed so there could be water in the trans if it was stored outside.I would drain the trans and if there is water in the gear lube give it a good flush then get a new shift boot and put it on asap.

Nice find :thumbs:

John

dandan111

Looks great for restore,the poor seat must of had a puddle on it for years. The key fob looks homeade to me?

racinfool40

Nice find!!! Them keys and switch Are a Cole hearsey switch "Not sure on the spelling" :wh: And they are getting really tough to find in any condition!!! :thumbs:

wheelhorse656

I would fix everything but the seat. That way if you use it for mowing ,on a hot day after a big meal, you won't fall asleep! :thumbs:

:wh::D :D

Kelly

I'd say that is in pretty good shape for it's age, don't look cut up, or beat, with what I can see the throttle cable and steering wheel are not orig. have fun.

dclarke

Nice lookin 702. good luck with it and remember to post pics of your progress.

rydogg

The key and switch can be found new on ebay...they were also used in massey tractors you can get the part number by following the link that was posted above this reply. I ordered the switch and keys for my 753 I believe it was around $20 with shipping.

VinsRJ

I've seen worse as resto projects... looks like you will save a good one :thumbs:

CTPATRIOT

Did you buy that in Agawam MA?That's one i owned!

Bama Jama

Great tractor. I wish I could find a round hood close. It must have sit for a long time. Good luck with it.

elixir20

Uh oh. THEPATRIOT found me out :thumbs: I hope I bought this on the up and up?!?

Adam

CTPATRIOT

Uh oh. THEPATRIOT found me out :wh: I hope I bought this on the up and up?!?

Adam

Did you get it from Tony?If so he's a stand up guy... :thumbs:

elixir20

I did, and he seems to be as you say. I'll PM you tomorrow to get the scoop...

Adam

CTPATRIOT

I did, and he seems to be as you say. I'll PM you tomorrow to get the scoop...

Adam

Nice to see it has a future!Talk to you soon.