Sign in to follow this  
wheelhorsenut69

prices??????

wheelhorsenut69

how much do front wheel weights go for inside the wheels in a c 161 also what is a 16 hp engine that is supposedly restored 5 years ago valued at inside of the c 161 with a stuck 8 speed rear end. it comes with a push blade, front and rear weights, a 48" side discharge mower deck and chains but it is ways away too so gas is a drag too. opinions...... wanted for the wheelhorsenut69 from the north. thanks all :thumbs: :wh:

mavfreak

There is two C161s one is a twin with a briggs and one is kohler.

Kelly

Front weights orig. WH ones bring $100+ but off brand ones can be had a little cheaper, I have some if your interested? send me a PM, a good running 16hp Kohler around me bring good money, the pulling tractor guys buy lots of them, just a engine you can hear run, $300+ you say rebuilt, I would have to see the paper work to see what was done to it?? big can O worms there was it bored, new piston, rod valves ground, ect..... or just new rings, the blade $100+ as I said weights front $100+ rears $150+ 48" deck if nice $200+ chains $50 rest of tractor depends on condition but $75, if I was to make a offer on something like this depending on condition of everything $300-500 but that is me I'm cheap and don't need them to badly with near 100 tractors here.

rmaynard

The value of the individual parts may add up to more than the value of the tractor, if you can get the whole thing.

A "rebuilt" engine is going to be priced according to what was actually done in the course of the rebuild, and how it was maintained and used afterward. As a guess, you can take this information as a guideline.

I just rebuilt my K241S. The machine work, which included bore/hone, valve seat grind, crankshaft turned, cost $110.00. The piston, rings, connecting rod, gaskets, carburetor kit, points, and fuel pump cost me $180. I have not included and miscellaneous material like lubes, or cleaning supplies.

So the cost to rebuild for me was about $290.00. Add that to the original cost of the engine ($200.00), and my dead cost on a K241 is $490.00.

So I would say that the value of the 16HP engine would be in the $400.00 to $500.00 range.

If you are trying to buy individual parts from the tractor, I would be inclined to make and offer for the whole thing rather than just buy parts. Start at $400.00 and be prepared to go higher.