Sign in to follow this  
redtin

C SERIES TO 400

redtin

Hi

Can anyone say if a C series 8 speed trans will fit a 416 they look the same except for a slight kick in the gear arm and would the parts interchange.

Redtin :thumbs:

Kelly

Don't know what you mean by gear arm?? unless that is the shifter? but the trans should be a bolt in, check axle sizes some C's used the small 1" axle but still will fit just needs to have hubs on it.

Anglo Traction

If your C series Tranny is a 103916 model, then the main difference between that and your 110996 appears to be the Diff. C was predominately 8 pinnion and the 416 4 pinnion (86 model). It would help if you can say what Tractor model the 'C' Tranny came from and if it was original. Should be able to interchange most parts.

redtin

Thanks for reply Kelly

The one spare trans I have has 1-1/8" axle and came I was told from a C series

always thought they were 1 1/8" as my 416 it has 1-1/8 axle I thought all 1-1/8 axle were 8 pinion, the C series has a strait shifter but 416 has a kick lower down.

Redtin

redtin

Hi ANGLO TRACTION

Is that ID No stamped on the trans as have no other info could post pic if required

just told it came fron a C series.

Anglo Traction

The one spare trans I have has 1-1/8" axle and came I was told from a C series

always thought they were 1 1/8" as my 416 it has 1-1/8 axle I thought all 1-1/8 axle were 8 pinion, the C series has a strait shifter but 416 has a kick lower down.

Redtin

You've answered my query, as you don't know which 'C' it came from. So, if you want to just swap it into the 416, no issues, just change the Gear Shifter to fit the Tin Work on the 416 if needed. If you want to swap parts, the only difference you'll (probably) find are the Diff pinnions, but the Diff should be interchangable as a unit. There are no markings on the Trannys to I.D. them.

Regards

redtin

Thanks again Anglo Traction.

Yes stamped on the Tanney are some numbers but as you said don't seem to mean anything,there is no Unidrive label on it it's OK except a job to get in third gear bearings seal's seem good so not sure if strip down is necessary

Redtin