Sign in to follow this  
keg

drive belt

keg

does any one know the part number for my 93 model 314-8 drive belt? im at work and wuz gonna look it up on toro parts finder but left my info at home :thumbs: thanks guys

dgjks6

just bought one at the dealer for $33. It was alot wider adn thicker than the aftermarket one I replaced.

keg

thanks amillion im takin it to the huntin camp this weekend to do sum tilling. but i noticed the other day she wuz slipping a little wen i wuz tilling my garden

can whlvr

so many discusions here on belts,i like the oem drive belt and its not terribly over priced concidering it lasts 4 years

JC 1965

so many discusions here on belts,i like the oem drive belt and its not terribly over priced concidering it lasts 4 years

:wh: I second that, I always buy OEM belts, better quality, just my 2 cents worth!! :thumbs:

JoeMonag

I learned the hard way years ago about the drive belt, on my '73 8HP 4 speed.

Bought a non-Wheel Horse belt that fit, but lasted only a litttle while. Now have a 310-8 and a 416-8, both take the same drive belt, I keep a spare 7473 on hand. If you make sure the clutch spring is tight, and the idler pully spins freely. along with releasing the clutch gently, the belt should last a life time. It also helps to lubricate the the clutch and idler pulley linkage, to insure the it moves freely.

Joe in Norton