Sign in to follow this  
stoneman

setting up C-81 for plowing/tilling

stoneman

I'd like to order a set of tires for the C-81. I'm putting the David Bradley single bottom plow on for now, and was hoping some of you guys would chime in with tire preferences from your own experiences. This tractor will mostly be used in the garden for plowing, discing, and tilling maybe. (depends on which tiller I end up with)

I know I want the ags on the back, and I'm told narrow is better, but I don't want the real skinny ones. Recommendations? :thumbs:

Ribs on the front?

Looking for size, brand, and source suggestions. Front and rear.

Thanks . . . peace . . . scott

Forest Road

A few people have mentioned these for the front. 16x6.50-8 Firestone 3-Rib Front Tractor Tires on FEEbay. They should dig in better during a turn. And steering is much easier w/ the narrow contact patch.

MalMac

For the rear tires I use the Firestone flotation 23degree V bar. We use them on all are big Ag tractors on the farm. I use them on the Wheel Horse's that are used in the garden and the tractor that has the loader on it. Sometimes they are hard to fine. You have to find a Firestone dealer that deals with the Ag community. Dealers that just sell car tires alot of the time do not want to mess around ordering them. That's just been my experience.

farmer

I would agree with Coles Dad, those front tyres would be best for the garden, its just affording them ! At the moment I have turfs on but would chose multi rib in the future for one reason..easier to clean....less soil on the lawn/garage floor.

I have 10.5's ags on the rear, but given the choice again I'd go with 8.5's..narrower in the furrow bottom and better bite. Tru powers look good?

Good luck with your choice :thumbs:

Dale

I run 4.00-8 tri-rib front (off ebay morrow tire) 23x8.50-12 tru-powers rear and lots of weight 105lbs on each wheel plowed the whole garden never spin a tire. no need to to go wider than 8.5

plowinggarden084.jpg

plowinggarden079.jpg