Sign in to follow this  
trettig

Panzer Short Story

trettig

Short story -

On my drive into work I noticed a Panzer tractor being used as a lawn ornament. Naturally I turned around and asked if it was for sale. The guy said it was his fathers and would ask if he was willing to part with it. I waited 2 days and eventually stopped again. Answer - Not for Sale. Years ago the guy sold Panzer tractors and this was all that was left from his dealership. He sold the three wheelers and four wheelers for years. I left a card and told him what I was willing to pay. Odviously the tractor was very sentimental to him and his family. The tractor turned out to be a Copar Panzer T-50. The first small model made with 4 wheels. 1958. In OK Shape for being outside for years. At lease I get to look at it on my way to-from work everyday. I guess it is all about the hunt.

Tom

rmaynard

You'd think that if it had that much sentimental value, he would take better care of it.

VinsRJ

Tom, there is a T70 and T75 out to pasture (along side a shed) just out side Stafford Motor Speedway in Stafford CT. They've been there for a long time. I never asked if they were for sale..... I'm totally out of the Panzer thing. :thumbs:

chris11

Tom, there is a T70 and T75 out to pasture (along side a shed) just out side Stafford Motor Speedway in Stafford CT. They've been there for a long time. I never asked if they were for sale..... I'm totally out of the Panzer thing. :thumbs:

Vince hook me up..............

VinsRJ

Vince hook me up..............

PM sent......