Sign in to follow this  
Trouty56

HH100

Trouty56

Working with a Charger 10 equipped with a replacement hh100 tuchy (originally was a tuchy also) that does not have a fuel pump. As far as I can see there is not a preset opening to the block to add a vacuum style pump.

Firstly, am I missing something, is there a place to acquire vacuum without drilling the block??

Secondly is it feasible to drill and where??

It is a little hilly here and eventually I have to make it back up the hill and gravity, well, doesn't cooperate. :wh:

:thumbs:

Kelly

Some tuckys the fuel pump screws right in where the fuel inlet goes on the carb. they are vacuum pumps.

gd.pudge

Some tuckys the fuel pump screws right in where the fuel inlet goes on the carb. they are vacuum pumps.

so where do they draw vacum from the engine, just curious

Trouty56

Kelly, I can get the fuel pump that screws to the carb. Just need to know where to drill for the vacuum connection or is there an opening that I am missing somewhere on the block. :thumbs:

Kelly

I 'll look to see if I have any engines with that set up on them, I know sears used that style pump, in the 60's and 70's.

perry

i would not think you should not have to drill anything . i dont remember where they hook up. wait and see what kelly comes up with.

or maybe send greg ( pond195520032003 ) the sears guy a PM.

wheelhorse656

you cant drill into the block to put one on you see there is a spot that

Trouty56

Jordan,

Do mean you can or can't??

racinfool40

Well I don't know if this will help much but on my 1970 raider 12 it had a drilled and tapped hole directly below the breath cover. Which had a brass nipple screwed into it and had a fuel line hose collar on the other end. Had a 1/4" hose to the pulse style fuel pump. I wish I had pics but the Motor went Ka-Pow about three yrs ago and have since sold all the parts.. I'll do some digging also and see if I can find some pics.. :wh: since then I have replaced with a K-301 and have never looked Back!!

Might be worth a shoy to PM KB9LOR Brian Innie I know he has a Raider 10 with the tecky maybe he has the set up on his??? :thumbs:

racinfool40

:thumbs: Forgot I had this on the shelf in the garage it's an OH-160 but basically the same set up:

001-2.jpg

002-1.jpg

003.jpg

I hope this helps..Works good on this motor.. Only tecky I have and runs great Just need something to put it on!!!

Trouty56

Thanks Mike...I dont know how hard it is to drill and tap the block but now I have a place to attempt it at. Might try an electronic one. I have to think about this. :thumbs:

KB9LOR

Well I don't know if this will help much but on my 1970 raider 12 it had a drilled and tapped hole directly below the breath cover. Which had a brass nipple screwed into it and had a fuel line hose collar on the other end. Had a 1/4" hose to the pulse style fuel pump. I wish I had pics but the Motor went Ka-Pow about three yrs ago and have since sold all the parts.. I'll do some digging also and see if I can find some pics.. :wh: since then I have replaced with a K-301 and have never looked Back!!

Might be worth a shoy to PM KB9LOR Brian Innie I know he has a Raider 10 with the tecky maybe he has the set up on his??? :thumbs:

Mine is the Mechanical Fuel pump, won't do any good!