Sign in to follow this  
Hammerhead

Here's what $25.00 gets ya...

Hammerhead

A guy stopped by my house last weekend and said he had some old Wheel Horse parts he wanted to sell. He had a milk crate full of old WH parts from what he said was a 655. We sorted through the pile and it had a ton of good parts in it and some NOS parts he bought back in the day. He also had the original owners manual for the 655 and the mower deck manual too. It also had a newer copy of the engine manual. I asked what he wanted for all this stuff and he said $25.00!!

I said ok and paid him quickly! Then he said he has a NOS drive belt gaurd that he bought and that it goes with this pile! I figured it was all rusty but he didn't have it with him so he said he would drop it off next week or two. He said he has the frame and transmission too, he drop it off with the belt gaurd in a couple weeks. I said go for it and I figured he'd never come back. To my surprise, he came back a couple days later with the tractor frame, belt gaurd, and a mower deck that he didn't mention. The gaurd is like new still and the frame, is pretty much the whole tractor minus the hood and motor! It even has a pair of descent bar lug tires on the back and one good original 1965 WH front tire! Good price for this pile and he even delivered the whole mess to my door! Not a bad day... :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

002.jpg

044.jpg

056.jpg

034.jpg

VinsRJ

OK... "NO SOUP FOR U!"

:thumbs:

Wish I could score like that :thumbs:

dclarke

Can't beat that! :thumbs:

Coadster32

Nice deal! :thumbs:

hcminis

Nice score. I need a set of those foot rest...wanna sell a set?

Redbirdman

that was for sure the widest post I ever saw!!! :wh:

Nice score though.....hey, anybody know if that gizmo on the bottom front of the belt guard is supposed to be the v-belt guide that keeps the belt from grabbing at neutral ??? :thumbs:

thanx...ed :D

squonk

All you need is an old engine,seat, steering wheel, hood and some Testors glue and you would have a giant model! :thumbs: :wh:

Ken B

OK... "NO SOUP FOR U!"

:wh:

Wish I could score like that :thumbs:

NEXT!!!! :D

can whlvr

wow,its worth more in scrap(not that i wouldEVER do that)nice score,r u gonna fix her up?