Sign in to follow this  
hcminis

Yesterdays Haul Part 1 of 2

hcminis

Purchased a C-160 from a guy about two miles from the house. Been sitting outside for almost a year. Had a plow, blade, weights, chains, and deck. Stole it basically...

Anyway, gave him the money about two months back but couldn't get to it because of the weather.

So, finally got the first haul done yesterday. Loaded up the blade, plow, and deck.

Thought, while I'm here see if the ole girl will turn over...WOW, turned over and almost started. Didn't do any more cause it needed gas and probably need to clean the carburetor bowl out. Still in very nice shape considering it has sit outside most of it's life.

DSC04713.jpg

DSC04714.jpg

DSC04715.jpg

DSC04716.jpg

mavfreak

All those parts look good can't wait to see the rest!

Kelly

The deck is newer than the tractor for sure, it's a 42" from guessing the 90's? it has the steel bar welded around the bottom edge, I see $300 in stuff right there if the deck is as good as it looks.

hcminis

Kelly,

You are correct. The original deck rotted out so he purchased this new from a dealer in Crawfordsville, IN. Told me it was only used about 20 times then removed and stored in the barn. Mainly used the tractor from then to plow the garden and push dirt/snow. Blade has been repainted so not the best. BUT, again, for sitting outside all there life...not too bad. Wishing I would have picked it up before the winter. Hated seeing it sit outside through this bad ice storm we had.

can whlvr

i have a 160 and its a beast,the 16hp is almost unstoppable,with that mower deck and snowplow :thumbs:

hcminis

Just got the C-160 and it is a beast. See Part 2 of 2