Sign in to follow this  
pfrederi

Trunnions

pfrederi

Wheel Horses use a few different items they describe as trunnions. The Clutch rod has one as do the lift mechanisms. I realize they are still available from Toro but at a fairly hefty price. I have had good success finding more reasonably priced sources for other WH hardware type items (set screws and keys for hubs, dog point set screws for shifter...etc)

I have struck out on trunnions. I have searched local hardware stores and on line McMaster, MSC and Fastnal.

Does the rest of the world use a different name for these things or are they truly unique.

Anyone found another source?

bobert94

i used to work for a company that made them for WH. I made them by the thousands. thy were used on the mower deck lift linkages, pto clutches,the lift linkages and the mule drive to name a few. I could have brought them home by the hundreds plating and all and know one would have been the wiser.Oh well at least i know how to make them. :thumbs:

Anglo Traction

Hi Paul , Understand your concern about the price of them. From where I am, I can't really help you specifically, but I make my own like probably a lot of guys do.

Oh , and yes , I've always known them as Trunnion Nuts.

The Toolman

On all the old cars I worked on, they was called (bell cranks) around here.

ooops, thinking of the wrong part. almost all lawn tractors/mowers will have them(trunnion) on'em. surely you can find one at a lawn mower shop with a bunch of used junk around it

squonk

I was looking for the exact same thing for a non- :thumbs: grader blade I'm adapting for my 704. I figured McMaster-Carr would have them. I finally found something they don't have. As I recall the Toro number wasn't that horribly priced. After you figure in the price of the steel and your time. A junk yard would br a good source.

Don1977

Try looking for Acorn cap nuts. I believe you will find what your looking for.