Sign in to follow this  
MikesRJ

Yet again, another Round-Hood follows me home

Suburban 550

Mike, don't feel like you stole it fom me because after thinkin' about it since Sunday and thinkin' about everything I have laying around here unfinished I just simply decided on not biddin'. I have this fairly nice original 702 that I bought for $150.00 in November that I barely had time to work on. Maybe you just gave me the motivation to get goin on it and startin' a joint restoration project with your 701. :thumbs:

IMG_0512.jpg

rydogg

If you find a supplier for the throttle and choke cables please let me know...I am trying to find the correct ones but I am not sure what they even look like, I did order an early Jeep throttle cable to use for now since Kelly said they are similar. I can't wait to see the restoration process and finished product.

MikesRJ

Here (RS) is the best place to ask!

Does anyone have a picture of original equipment Throttle and Choke Push-Pulls handy? Please post a close-up shot of the dashboard if you do. Thanks.

dclarke

Mike, p.m. sent.

MikesRJ

Denny, PM received and responded.

Still looking for the picture if anyone has it, but here is some additional information.

Throttle Cable - WH p/n: 4232 Supersedes to Toro p/n: 102119

Choke Cable - WH p/n: 4233 Supersedes to Toro p/n: 102118

These part numbers (supersedes) are available from several sources ranging in price from $12-$28 each, but I cannot confirm what the originals looked like. I believe the ones that are available have a "C" and "T" on the round, black handle, of which the only throttle locks when twisted to the right.

Kelly

that is the new style, I will try to remember to get pictures of a orig. set, they are the same knob style as the 62 and maybe 63 tractors, even the tecumseh powered ones just they are to short to work on a Kohler, I know I have a few nice early Tucky cables.