Sign in to follow this  
bhough89

1988 414-8 Value?

bhough89

Hi,RS members.I am looking at a 88 414-8 with about 1200 hrs.The tractor is in very good shape but the side discharge deck has some small holes.What do you think is a fair price? :thumbs: Bill

Shuboxlover

What size deck, 42" or 48"???

If it's a 42" I'd say no more than $500 or $600....but that's me. Unless it is in EXCELLENT shape!!! Maybe a bit more for a 48"

bhough89

it is a 42inch.

can whlvr

i agree with shoe box,i paid around that 4 my 414,and the deck was fair,watch those small holes as they can indicate a bad shell,been there done that,got one home with a few small holes and tore it apart and it was much worse than it looked,the 414 is a great machine and that year will have the magnum engine,which will have no points,the only thing i dont like about my magnum is it has a plastic flywheel,but it is very strong and not too bad on fuel

JoeMonag

That is a lot of hours, check it for smoke under a load. If the oil was changed on a regular basis, it may be Ok. Four years ago,I paid $600 for a 1988 310-8 ( tractor only)from my dealer, and he gave me a one year warranty . It doesn't have an hour meter. It smokes a little when it is first started, but clears up quickly, and runs fine. Only use it for my 2.4 KW generator, and my 42" dozer blade.

I bought a 1986 416-8 last year, with 899 hours, for $500 and it had been sitting for two years. Got it running like a top, but the smoking and oil consuption kept getting worse. Just had the engine rebuilt and put on a new muffler for a cost of around a grand. The engine should be good for another 20 years. I use the 416 to power my 44" two stage snow thrower. This winter it got a real work out clearing my 400 ' paved driveway, of over 75" of accumlated snow.

Joe in Norton

WH nut

Tractors are going high this year, its worth what you are willing to pay for it