Sign in to follow this  
sgtsampay

Finally, its here/

sgtsampay

Hi all. As some of you may know, I have been wanting to buy a Chinese Diesel clone for some time now. Well, after this month's extra income, :thumbs: i was able to finalyl buy a Carroll Steam clone.

After about one week of waiting, it will be finally coming in. I can;t wait to see it in person and hopefully sometime next week, i can do a test run with it. :thumbs:

I will keep you guys posted with some videos and pictures. Then once I'm done testing the engine, I will be making a new thread of my conversion. I'm getting super excited!

mavfreak

:thumbs: :thumbs: can't wait!

VinsRJ

And of course :thumbs:

Horse'n Around

Ive been thinking about maybe buying one of them, I m really interested to see how it runs and works out overall. I have a couple of friends that have the clone honda engines in a power washer and the other in a rototiller. They have had them for about 3 or 4 years and they like them a lot. If this is anywhere as good as the honda clones they ended up with,I bet it will be a great engine.

John

dpm2000bolt

Glad to here it is on its way.. I am working on getting my Tiller hooked up, but not sure how it goes

Kelly

Can't wait to hear more about it, i just sold a few things and have the money to buy the diesel I wanted, but now they are out of stock, I have to wait till june when they get more in :thumbs:

SALTYWRIGHT

I HAVE HAD MY 10 HORSE POWER DIESEL FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS ON MY 417-8 AND IT IS VERY GOOD. YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY WITH IT. RUSS

sgtsampay

OK. I got the diesel out of the boxs and I was able to get a nice close look at it.

Wow! For a "cheap" chinese diesel, its very good quility. So far, no bolts were loose and the finish was fine. I did take the muffler off, in hope of finding a threaded hole so I can put a stack on it, but nothing. I did fine the inside of the port was a little sooty, so that tells me it must have been run at the factory. :thumbs:

I also like the simple design of the whole thing. I will be posting pictures soon. I can;t wait for next week to give it its first comsumer start-up.

can whlvr

lets see her,i have a c120 auto that i might do this to as well

tmessenger

I believe the 10hp clone is made by Yanmar they have been building diesel tractors for and long time and use to build for John Deere so no reason it shouldn't be a great engine.

sgtsampay

OK guys, here is what the engine looks like without the muffler. The first run of this engine is set for Wensday.

100_0422.jpg

100_0423.jpg

100_0425.jpg

littleredrider

What horse power is it?

mavfreak

It looks like a flange could be made easy enough so you could add a stack to that exhust!

sgtsampay

Mavfreak: Thats what I was thinking but I have no clue how to go about that project...

Littleredrider: Its a 10.5 HP @ 3600rpm with about 21ish ftlbs @ 1500rpm. Its also a 418cc diesel.

mavfreak

I sent you a pm!

sgtsampay

Pm sent back sir!

can whlvr

great pics,u will need to fab a plate that will slide over the exhaust bolts and have the middle of the plate bored out so the hole where the exhaust escapes,probally 1/4 plate,maybe a little heavier if u have enough threads,then a piece of heavy tube welded to the plate that goes over the threads,i would think at least 2 or 3 inches long(it could allways be cut shorter if it was too long) it could evenbe threaded at the out side,just make sure your stack fits before welding or u would have to cut the threads off,the pipe could be a nominal size black iron so u can buy it allmost any where and for it u simply purchase a nipple and cut it to length with an angle grinder also with ,the plate could be made with the angle iron,a drill to drill the bolts,and a bimetal hole saw that can be found at any hardwars store,it wont make too many holes in 1/4 plate but it will do a few,use a pan and drill the hole in oil to keep the saw cool and go slow and u could bore it easily,if not that then blow a hole with a torch (i use my stick welder,im really good at at burning holes thruogh :thumbs: and clean it up with a die grinder,hope this helps good luck and keep us posted

SALTYWRIGHT

HI.SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS AND I WILL MAIL YOU PICTURES OF MY STACK. IT IS STAINLESS STEEL AND FROM HOME DEPOT. $17.00. NO WELDING. IT IS ON MY 417-8 W/H. WITH THE 10 H/P DIESEL. RUSS

sgtsampay

Salty= PM sent

Canwhlvr= Yeah thats what I was thinking and talking about with Mavfreak. I will let you guys know how it comes out. For now thought i can;t wait to hear it run!

mr.pipes

Bobby, what is the center-to-center measurement on the bolts for the exhaust? I am curious if these would work. These would work with 3" centers. They are available 3/4",1",1 1/4",1 1/2" NPT. The stainless sounds nice but I am wondering if this could be an option.

tacoflange.jpg

Kelly

I've surfed the net looking for info on the china engines, after reading all the info, I found, a few things that kept coming up, I would like to pass on to all here, now some of the threads I seen are a few years old, so things maybe better now,(quality control) but check all the bolts to see if they are tight, big thing i read was change the oil after about 5 min. run time and change the filter if it has one, or clean the screen, check the head bolts after about a 1 hour of running, some engines needed the fuel settings tweeked some to make them idle better.

just thought I'd pass this on.

sgtsampay

Thanks kelly! I read that also and I checked the bolts a few nights ago and everything was super tight. I was also going to change the oil after a little run time on the bench and then go from there.

The head bolts? Hmm. Thats a new one but makes since. I will do that, if I can find them. LOL.

Mr. pipes: Hmm, interesting idea.... Hmm.

hm12460

Hay Bobby! The cool factor on that is right up through the roof. Will your pto clutch fit on the diesel? What did it cost with shipping? Are you putting it on your work horse model?

sgtsampay

HM12460= Thanks. Yeah, I'm putting it on my workhorse and the PTO assby should fit the diesel as they are both 1in shafts. Also, the engine was $650 with free shipping.

can whlvr

650 seems like a bargain,it should save fuel and if u use it alot that will help pay 4 the deisel,i want one real bad 4 the c120auto for a plow rig,i paid that 4 a 13hp honda,which was reasonable