Sign in to follow this  
Buzz

Finally, something from the junkyard......

Buzz

My daughter works in the office for Giordano's Recycling here in south Jersey(they hate being called a junkyard) so she knows to keep her eye out for Wheel Horse and other tractor parts. Unfortunately Jack, one of the yard bosses, latches onto every old tractor that comes in. Giordanos just moved part of their operation down the road a mile and Jack is down there so things are looking up. :thumbs: She called this morning that a guy came in with a Wheel Horse snow plow that looks brand new so her boyfriend put it aside for her. No one dared touch it because she hands out the paychecks but more importantly, also hands out the rolls of toilet paper for their bathroom. :thumbs: Anyhow, it's a model #79350 that fits the 300 series tractors. Complete and in excellent shape, and the price was right. :thumbs: The guy who scrapped it says he is getting ready to scrap some old tractors including some 'Horses. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Stay tuned.

rwilson

get lots of pictures of everything.

wheel horse tractor guy

Grab everything you can i'll buy something from you depending what it is. I'm keeping my fingers crossed also good luck :thumbs:

Kelly

It's nice knowing people in the right places.

JimD

Buzz, you should try to get in touch with the guy who's scrapping those Horses and deal with him directly. Makes your chances of getting what you want better. No competition from the "Yard". :thumbs:

VinsRJ

Wish I had a "GOOD" connection like that. I usually have to hunt and scrape for everything. :thumbs:

Hope you score big :thumbs:

wheelhorse656

Heck get in direct contact with the guy and offer to hual it to the junk yard for him for free and bye junk yard i mean the "Horse barn" :thumbs:

mavfreak

I wish my scrap yard would let you buy from it

Buzz

Here's the pictures. It looks like it's all there except for the triangle piece that hooks into the linkage. It's a 1996, 48" wide. If I was there I would have talked to the guy about buying directly. But it's still not too bad, I'm paying whatever the scrap was worth by the pound.

IMG_4022.jpg

IMG_4023.jpg

IMG_4020.jpg

IMG_4021.jpg

mavfreak

wow!

Kelly

Nice looking plow.

smoreau

Wow!! and I paid $200 for mine. It was in very nice shape though. Great buy :thumbs:

dclarke

You did good Buzz, nice plow! :thumbs:

can whlvr

non of our scrap yards will let me get anything,i even wanted to buy some angle iron and no deal,even at the dump i have to grab things when the guy isnt lookin,and thats not often

Coadster32

No one dared touch it because she hands out the paychecks but more importantly, also hands out the rolls of toilet paper
:thumbs:

really nice deal, and hope the setup spits out some other treasures for you. :thumbs: