Sign in to follow this  
redtin

registration

redtin

This may be a bit strange but who was the maker of wheel horse tractors in 1987

as i am in the process of registration to make it road legal as i have to cross a road to get to my veg lot.

redtin

Sparky

I believe TORO had control at that time although they did not plaster the TORO name on them till 1989 or 1990(cant remember exactly :thumbs: ).

Mike........

Tim

toro...

redtin

Thank all

Redtin

The Toolman

This may be a bit strange but who was the maker of wheel horse tractors in 1987

as i am in the process of registration to make it road legal as i have to cross a road to get to my veg lot.

redtin

Where do you live that is that picky about going across the road with a riding lawnmower

redtin

UK and i have to come out on main road at a steep angle although its only about 20 yards

The Toolman

That sucks that you have to go to that much trouble for such a little deal. Leave it to the politicians to never ever use any common sense about some things.

redtin

Could not agree more with insurance its over

rmaynard

I hope no one in government reads this or the next thing we know, they will be taxing us every time the wheels hit the pavement when we are cutting the front lawn. :thumbs:

KC9KAS

I'm pretty sure we (in Indiana) should pay property taxes on our :thumbs: tractors if they are NOT used for the intended purpose...mowing, yard work, etc.

If we use them just "for fun" or "show" they should be taxed.

WH nut

I'm pretty sure we (in Indiana) should pay property taxes on our :thumbs: tractors if they are NOT used for the intended purpose...mowing, yard work, etc.

So the answer is, I cut grass :thumbs:

mavfreak

:thumbs: um ok......

I cut grass with one, and I use the other pick up the grass, and the other one I use for the garden..... :thumbs:

GlenPettit

Often, there are exceptions for a given time frame for EXPERIMENTAL vehicles, and also for ANTIQUE vehicles (I believe it's just 25 years in MI).

It's usually legal to go straight across a small road occasionally, to do work (just like walking), but longer drives on the side of a road may not be.

And, the person enforcing the rules may have their own ideas.

Good Luck.

(added) Just noticed you said the UK as your home, "everything is out the window now".

Mith

My understanding is that you do not need to tax or register your vehicle if you are going between your own land less than 1.5km apart. Still have to insure though.

(BTW, not 100% sure on this, my vehicles are registered and taxed so I haven't pursued it).

Worth a call to DVLA if you haven't already.

Either way, the tax will be free as you will be in 'limited use' or 'light agricultural' catagory.

6wheeler

The SILLYNESS does not only live in the UK. I live in Minnesota and live within the 7 county metro area. So, as I live in Dakota co. I fall under the Wheelage tax on all my road vehicles. A new tax added for this year is called a Deputy Transfer tax, which applies to all licensed vehicles in this area. AND, to only commercial drivers license renewals. Which I happen to have. Also, I live 5 miles south of town. I drive my C-165, 400' south of my driveway with the trailer to get manure for my garden. Last fall the deputy stopped me during a return haul and told me I have to have at least a slow moving vehicle sign on my tractor. But, he would prefer warning flashers. Silly.....

stevasaurus

I know this...if I were Queen it would be OK to drive your horses on the roads... :thumbs::drool::thumbs::thumbs: :thumbs:

neil

Uk laws have got really odd

If you were caught driving your horse :thumbs: on the side of the road here you would be arrested ,taken into custody , tried by jury & if found guilty you would be taken out into a field and shot by a fire squad and then fed to the pidgeons.

If you were found to have a tonne of drugs hidden in your attic and were selling it to children for a massive proffit, you would be slapped on the back of the hand and then told DONT DO IT AGAIN .

Justice system here stinks

Mith

told me I have to have at least a slow moving vehicle sign on my tractor. But, he would prefer warning flashers. Silly.....

Dont know, seems quite sensible to me. He'll be the one scraping you off the road if a semi doesnt see you!

Road rules over here are so confusing I dont think even the police know them.

6wheeler

OOPS, I should have added. I live on a gravel road. There is twice as much Farm equipment traveling this road than automobiles.

farmer

Crikey Neil, sounds like you need to move to Dorset. :thumbs:

neil

I think they shoot grockles for even less in Dorset Rex :thumbs:

and they hang draw & quarter before feeding to the pidgeons. :thumbs:

Anglo Traction

I may look into registering mine as Invalid Vehicles. I can use them on the Pathways then, and on the Boundary paths of the Property to collect the Hedge/Tree Cuttings. Could also pop down the to the Pub on it 250yds away for a 'Swift Half' (quick half pint of Ale) on a Sunny Sunday afternoon! :thumbs:

redtin

Hi

At last the horse is ready to cross the road.

Dan.

plates3.jpg

Mith

Hi Dan,

I would be interested to hear about the costs etc involved in registering on a Q plate. What iis it registered as?

Jim