Sign in to follow this  
forphase1

1980 D-160

forphase1

Evening folks. I have the opportunity to possibly pick up a 1980 D-160, and was curious if anyone had any feedback to give me (positive or negative) about this machine and about roughly how much to offer for it. Here is all I know at this point.

"I have a 1980 Wheel Horse D160 Tractor. Its 16 hp rear pto and it has a 3 point hitch. The attachments that I have are a 5 ft finish mower, 4 ft belly mower, 2 other gas tanks, tires chains, a blade for the front, and a snow blower for the front also. The tractor has been garage kept all its life and is in mint condition. I used the tractor last year and have already had it started and ran some this year."

Any thoughts?

Sparky

I cant and wont give you a value on it but I can tell you that its an Onan 16 twin and not a Kohler 16 single. Just thought I would let you know in case you were expecting a Kohler.

Any pics? Plenty of guys here will venture a guess at a value but pics would help em give a better estimate.

I bought that exact same tractor last year in mint shape with a 48" deck and a blower. I wont say what I paid but it was a tractor I "wanted", not "needed", so I might of overpaid but it sure looks good in my meager collection and I'm happy to have it.

Mike............

Trouty56

Did the guy set a price yet??? There are some highly sought after attachments in that deal namely the rear finish mower and the blower. I'd let him set a price and then ask back again. A deal like that could go for 1500-1750 possibly without seeing it. I'm no expert though... :thumbs:

That's the first bid...anybody else???

Kelly

I'll take a stabe at this, IF it is mint, steering not sloppy, runs good no smoke, trans works good when hot, paint nice, with all the extras, I bet as high as $3000, I would offer much less, but don't be suprised if that is what he wants, I'd get him to start a price.

stevebo

I think those older Onans are hard to get parts :thumbs:

forphase1

Thanks for the great advice folks. I wrote him back and said I might be interested and asked how much he was wanting for it. When I get a response I'll update this post. Thanks again.

6wheeler

There was one up here about a year or so ago, it didn't have a finish mower. But it did have a tiller. I went and looked at it (one of my brothers friends). It was in what I would call mint condition. He wanted $3500.00 and wouldn't budge on the price or it wasn't leaving PERIOD. I couldn't justify the price so I passed. I wanted it though. But everything up here that is set up like that is very expensive. I guess if you want it bad enough, any price will be good. Around $2,000 or a little less might be liveable. Just my $.02.

forphase1

Just talked to the guy again. He doesn't have pictures, so I can't help ya'll there, but he swears it's in 'mint' condition. His Great Uncle bought it brand new in 1980, and when he passed away the current owner bought it from his Great Uncles heirs. He is asking $1800 for everything. I may go look @ it this weekend when I get back in town and see.

Kelly

For that price it can't hurt to look, and make a offer.