Sign in to follow this  
Shuboxlover

Did somebody on here....

Shuboxlover

One popped up on CL....

I think it was a 416-8 (did some of them come with a K341)

Very nice condition, said it ran great, very good condition....with plow (no deck)

$150 :drool:

I texted and said I would pay more than asking price but was of course too late :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :thumbs:

boovuc

I know before Toro bought into the company, the first or second year of the 416 came with the single K301 on them. Mid 80's.

I think Magnums were on a few before the twin Onans became available.

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

Trouty56

BooVuc...you are good.... :thumbs: From my handy dandy wheelhorseallyears pdf.....

85 and 86 K's

87 and 88 M's

89 up O's

JoeMonag

I have a 1986 416-8 (31-16K802) with a battery ignition K341-S. Just had it rebuilt, and installed a new muffler. Bought it last spring, to use as a second tractor for my two stage sno-thrower, so I could keep the dozer blade on my 1988 310-8.

It began to blow more and more smoke, so I had it rebuilt locally, but I had Brian Miller turn the crank, and install clevite bearings.

It did yeomans service, this winter, as we had over 75" of snow this year, and I have a 400' paved driveway. Very rugged basic machine, with plenty of power.

Only problem I had to add 100+ pounds of weight to the rear, as the 55lb. each wheel weights, and my massive frame (150lb.s LOL ), were not enough to keep the wheels with chains from slipping backing up the ramp into my shed or in deep snow. The two stage weigh 380 pounds.

BTW I paid $500 for it, it had 988 hours and had sat for two years. I came with an excellent 42" mower deck, that I sold for $275, a set of chains, that I kept, and two snow blades, and a frame that I gave to my brother for his 73 14 hp 8 speed.

I ended up re doing the pto, had to replace some switches, rebuilt the carb.,changed all the fuue lines, fuel valve and fuse holders. All in all I have about $1300 out of pocket expenses, a little more than I thought I would spend, but the engine should be good for 20 years now. The engine rebuild came to less than 1/2 of a replacement, and didn't require any retrofiting.

Joe in Norton

boovuc

Thanks, Bob. I can remember crap like that and what song came from a certain Led Zepplin Album but I'll forget where I laid my car keys and where I parked my truck at the mall.

At least I haven't gone to work without pants. Yet! :thumbs:

Now what the hell was I doing before I answered this topic??????

:thumbs:

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

boatman

:thumbs: Hi there,

Yes the 416-8 did come with a k341 16hp. I have one and I believe it

is either a 1985 or 1986 model. Great tractor as well as my 414-8 with

k321 motor. :thumbs:

Trouty56

Boovuc, that reminds me of the time my son, while in 4th grade, went to school thinking he was set to go. My wife was working the library at the time. Jon walks in to see her and takes his coat off and....no shirt!!! :thumbs:

Test - "No Quarter"

mavfreak

1973 houses of the holy second side 3rd song or second to the last song!