Sign in to follow this  
littleredrider

Kinda dumb seat question

littleredrider

On one of the routes I deliver, there is a WH sitting with no motor in it. It's a newer one, but can't tell what it is. It the 3-4-500 style. But it has arm rests on the seat. I know a seat can be swapped on, but any particular model come with one?? If it's a bigger one, thinking of stopping and ask about it.....

sorekiwi

If its still the factory seat, arm rests were an option on the 520's.

mavfreak

If a good price can be agreed on go for it. The seat with arm rest could be aftermarket but I know they were a option also on the 500 series

wheel horse tractor guy

Don't be affaid to ask about it you just never know maybe a 520h or a 417 good luck let me know how you make out :thumbs:

mavfreak

by the way there is no dumb questions!

littleredrider

At the same place they had another horse tractor sitting there, going even 45 I couldn't tell what it was, but looked like a round hood or a later 60s hood. Gone or moved now.

I think next time I go by there I'll stop in, what's the worst they can say??

Also, what would something like this be worth?? I don't care or need a mower deck, so that might help on pricing.

Kelly

Can't help you on a price, but choose your words correctly when asking about the tractor, and don't give to much info to the owner, like don't say WH is the greatest tractor ever built, or I collect WH tractors, etc.... then ask would they be interested in getting rid of the old tractor they have? see I didn't say SELL, if you do you put it in there mind, I've asked about many tractors and got them free, if they say yes they want to get rid of it, then ask how much? get them to give you a starting point, don't be afraid to make a counter offer or just say thank you and walk away, if they start real high, most times they don't have a clue what it is worth, I guess like you, that is why your asking, in this economy cheap is good.

JC 1965

:thumbs: If it was me, I'd stop and start asking questions. Could be that they have kinds of Wheel Horse tractors and attachments ( stranger things have happened ) You could drive away with a truck load of goodies for very little $$. Maybe I'm just dreaming. :thumbs:

littleredrider

I know all about playing dumb when it comes to buying parts. Guess I'll have to wait till Monday.....

boovuc

I have no trouble walking up to and knocking on doors of people's houses with a Wheelhorse in the yard. I am dumb! It's just natural for me!

:thumbs:

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

mr.pipes

My 420LSE has armrests. :thumbs: What was that address again? :thumbs:

littleredrider

Well finally got the chance to stop in and see what the deal was on the tractor. I was right!!! It is a 520H. Motor was junked, someone else wants the mower deck, and getting it for $50. I got some pics, just need to download 'em....

So, gonna be cleaning up stuff that I have, some of the stuff just has to go...

Forest Road

I'd love to have a 520 just for the geared steering and wide look of the front end. A Kohler singe would work just fine. Good luck!

littleredrider

Kelly

WOW, you did good for $50 that is clean looking.

littleredrider

I didn't even offer him that, he just said how does $50 sound?? Wasn't gonna argue....

About what year is this?? Mid 90s??

Could I run a loader off the hydro's that are there, or should I get a pump/controls??

I couldn't stay long to look at it, if you look in the background of one of the pics you can see my work truck.....was there little too long anyways.....but didn't hear anything so it's all good!!!!

Now just need to go get it and figure out where to put it....

Toejam

Great job....nice 520. Very clean. I wouldn't know how to act with arm rests.

Kelly

No you can't run a loader of the tractor hyd. you will need a separate pump, a guess by the decals early 90's

littleredrider

It's not a big deal to run another pump, actually rather prefer it. My buddy has a JD 425 with a loader that runs off the tractor hydro, he had to turn it up to run it, and think he said he had to replace it already.

At least now I can build the loader off the plans and not have to worry about the strength of the tractor, or not being able to lift heavier stuff if needed.

Duff

Man, for $50 you've got all kinds of room to replace/rebuild/modify whatever you want on that machine. That was a GREAT deal! Nice work! :thumbs:

Duff :wh: :D

littleredrider

I didn't think it was too bad either thanks!!!

First need to get it, then get rid of some stuff in my storage and moms garage, hopefully I'll have enough to buy a 10 horse diesel. Then starting getting materials to build a loader.

I do everything myself so don't always get a chance to take pics, but I'll try...

JC 1965

:D $50 sounds to me like you stole that tractor. :thumbs: Great find and good luck with it, lots of potential there. :wh:

Jim_M

The 520-H makes a great loader tractor, but do yourself a big favor and put a foot control on it for forward and reverse....unless you have 3 arms.

The foot control on my loader tractor was the best thing I've ever put on a tractor, even better than a beer holder.

danjmah

Great find and deal! Looks so good! I love those wide tires.

dodge78

:wh: $50 sounds to me like you stole that tractor. :thumbs:

We might need one of these

bandit_smiley1.gif