Sign in to follow this  
MalMac

Carb Thingy?

MalMac

Got a carb of a K241, trying to find out what a part in the carb is called so I can look for a replacement. I'll try and describe it so please have Patience, lets start by if you take off the bowl and take the float out and look straight in you will see what I call some sort of jet. Your main adjusting needle goes right down thru it from the top of the carb. It has a slot in it so it can be turned out with a screw driver. It is right dead center. I have looked at alot of part diagrams and no where does any of the diagrams show it as a separate part. I have rebuilt several carbs and have never had to replace one so I really don't know what the proper name of it is. Any help would be appreciated.

MalMac

Thanks Mr. B100 Bob, I always kinda called it that but figured it had some other name. Can't figure out why its never showed on any of the parts diagrams. In all my years of back yard tinkering I have never had to replace one. Just the main needle. Anyway thanks. This is just another reason I like Red Square. There is always some one that knows more than I that can help out.

sorekiwi

I wouldnt mess with the jet if you dont have to, they have a tendency to "become one" with the aluminum and not want to come out.

I dont think I've ever taken one out of a Kohler or Carter carb, a good soaking in carb cleaner will clean them out.

On some of the early Tecumsehs the jet was screwed in and then a fuel passage bored though the carb and into the jet. Taking the jet out and then putting it back in resulted in the hole not lining up anymore, causing all kinds of problems.