Sign in to follow this  
kthack657

hydro transmission noise

kthack657

Hi all,

I got my charger 12 up and running and got to take him for a ride, but I noticed a noise from the transmission that sounded like its growling...Has anyone else had this noise knowor what is going on? I hope the fix is easy and not a bad transmission. :thumbs:

smoreau

just a thought. Did you check to trans oil level? My electro 12 has a leaking housing and when its low it does growl a little . check that first :thumbs::thumbs: :thumbs:

kthack657

We did check before the ride and it was a little low, but after doing some research I think I put the wrong fluid in...We thought we needed hydro fluid, but read that I need auto trans fluid... :thumbs:

dgoyette

Drain it and start fresh...if it comes out mostly red use Dexron III, if it looks like it was filled with motor oil use 10w-30.

mavfreak

You may want flush it out with some diesel fuel before you replace. Also replace filter

kthack657

I will definately drain and start fresh, does anyone know how many quarts it takes, I want to make sure I do everything correct, I want this horse to stop kicking and screaming and finally start to cooperate! :thumbs: