Sign in to follow this  
WH854

Transmission Clutch Lever

WH854

:thumbs: can anyone tell me if some of the automatic Tractors came without the clutch lever installed? I know what it is used for(to disingage clutch for cold weather starting) This next picture shows where it should go, right behind the motion control lever, as you can see it is not there!

Oct2808.jpg

I am in the process of puting one in, infact it is installed, I am waiting for knobs to come.(on another note this old girl lived a rough life in the past, as you can see in the next picture!!

Sep21001.jpg

The next picture is her in her new condition!!

May0105.jpg

Any help will be appreciated :thumbs:

Chas

dgoyette

She looks great. Nice job saving her from rusting away!

I know later models like the 416H didn't have a lever but I have never seen a C series that didn't have the lever. The 400 series without the lever uses the Eaton 1100. Does your C have the Eaton or the Sundstrand?

I like being able to disengage the hydro. Makes me feel safer when I want to get off the tractor without shutting the engine off.

WH854

:thumbs: Darren It is a c-165 Auto with an Eaton 1100 Hydro. I was wondering if the po took it of,but it looks like it was never on, I had to have the bolt that holds the pully on burnt of with a torch. The head of the bolt was messed up :thumbs:

Chas

dgoyette

Well that is interesting if it never had one. My 1980 C-175 has the lever and also uses the Eaton 1100.

wheelhorse656

:thumbs: :thumbs::thumbs: looks Great! and :thumbs: for the pics!!!!

WH854

My knobs came in the mail today! So since it is raining like a cow wetting on a flat rock. I decided to put them on.

PICT0010-3.jpg

The next picture shows what i did to get them to fit.(first I drilled the hole in the metal handle to 1/4 inch, then took a bolt 1/4 by 20 thread cut a piece 1 and 1/4 inch long screwed it into one knob as far as it would go, then put that part on the handle, then screwed the other knob on as far as it would tighten, it snugged up real good). :thumbs:

The next picture shows the three pieces :thumbs:

PICT0008-3.jpg

The next one shows it installed on tractor :thumbs:

PICT0012-2.jpg

The next one with the knobs not installed :thumbs:

PICT0011-1.jpg

That it guys :drool:

Chas

Irv

Nice tractor Chas. I've gotten knobs from them-pretty reasonable. Do you know any of the Shnur or Hageter family there in Butler?

WH854