Sign in to follow this  
wheel horse tractor guy

picking up tomarrow

wheel horse tractor guy

Hey,

Guys i found another wheel horse someone was going to restore it with his son but the son died and the guy lost interest. I asked him what model. It is a model c-100 the only thing that is missing is the fly wheel. He said his cousin needed a fly wheel and asked him if he can take it off the c-100 for a while until he was ready to restore the c-100. The cousin ended up junking his tractor and the c-100 was left with no flywheel. Long story short he want $250 for it. What do you guy think get or leave it alone. Comes with mowerdeck. :thumbs:

rmaynard

Is it a 1974 or 1975? I don't think I'd pay $250 in a non-running condition, especially if it is the '74 with the Tecumseh engine. Fewer engine parts available.

Edit: The 1974 had a Kohler. My mistake. However, I would still not offer the asking price unless it is really in great shape.

Kelly

It would have to be nice for $250 not running or have a nice deck or tiller, something to make it worth it.

tmessenger

Hey,

Guys i found another wheel horse someone was going to restore it with his son but the son died and the guy lost interest. I asked him what model. It is a model c-100 the only thing that is missing is the fly wheel. He said his cousin needed a fly wheel and asked him if he can take it off the c-100 for a while until he was ready to restore the c-100. The cousin ended up junking his tractor and the c-100 was left with no flywheel. Long story short he want $250 for it. What do you guy think get or leave it alone. Comes with mowerdeck. :thumbs:

I bought a 1973 10 8speed a couple of months ago, basically the same tractor as yours. Good runner came with mower deck, tiller, blade, wheel weight and chains I paid $400, don't know if I got a good deal or if that's the going rate but the bottom line is if you can't hear it run you don't know the condition so pay accordingly.

dgjks6

Its all in the deck. If it has a good 42 or larger deck and the deck is in good shape and has no issues I would not be upset about paying that. Finding a good deck that is ready to mow is getting hard. They can be repaired, but I have several and they all have issues.

wheel horse tractor guy

Hey,

everyone the c-100 was a joke i went there to look at it and it was junk the tractor sat outside for years, the mowerdeck was all rotted out and it was missing the fly wheel. the only good thing that is good on it is the 8 speed tranny. the guy won't budge on the price he wants $250 no less. Not for me :thumbs: