Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

I Bucked Up My Ride

HorseFixer

Well I was on the way home from work Friday night and an Ole Gent turned right in front of me, I did my best to avoid the wreck but to no avail. I hit the rear passenger qtr panel of his car and spun him around real good. A couple onlookers said they seen the Jeep up on two wheels. When I walked up there the old guy was in a daze and asked what happened? :thumbs: The Police came over to my truck and said Bob I cant believe he is still driving! (This paticular officer and I went to High School together hadn't seen him in over 30 years). Anyway I walked back over by where the collision was and another car came by and the driver said uhhh was an Ole man driving that car? The Police officer said yes why do you ask? Well I just about had a head on with him about an Hr ago he was in my lane and about ran me off the road! :drool: The officer looked at me and said see what I mean? Well anyway MJ and I went out and looked around Yesterday at Vehicles and all I can say is :thumbs: YIKES!!! You gotta be kidding me! 1 & 2 year old vehicles are going just about what Brand new is going for. The Jeeps a 1998 and thirteen years old with 213,000 on her and she is getting kinda tired just like me :drool: . The body is starting to go, needs some front end work and is worth less than 3K and it looks to me it would take that much to fix her up. :thumbs: Well I'm gonna cobble a headlight and turn signal in that eYe Socket today because she is drivable and am gonna start looking for a new truck and will take my time to find the right deal am leaning twords something around 2006 to 2007 have been looking at the F-150's always had fords before the Jeep. I'm just thankful that no one got hurt and the vehicle is drivable so I can take my time and not be pressed into buying something in a hurry! :thumbs: Still sucks tho... :drool: Another one bites the dust!

DSCN2939.jpg

DSCN2940.jpg

Sparky

Glad to hear that no one was hurt Duke. I think getting 213K out of a vehicle is pretty good! Surprized with the good luck you had with the Cherokee you ain't getting another.

But whatever hasppens will the new one be RED :thumbs: !

Mike.........

zieg72

If it still drives straight I would go to a pick and pull and get what you need to fix it right. Can't be more that 2-300 in used parts. My $.02

dgoyette

Glad everyones ok...that does stink as I am guessing you wanted a few more years out of the Jeep.

Personally I would not put money into it...I would take the insurance and try and find something newer.

Kelly

Sorry Carl, I do body work for a living and I see on the cheap side with used parts and no paint $1500+ the bumper is a welded on piece O crap not the plastic cover but the real bumper, and I see it's bent pretty good, I'd say just by the pictures there is at least 3 hours frame repair, yes you can stick a light in it and drive it, but a real repair will not be cheap, even if you find a flunky bodyshop.

Horse'n Around

Bob, I feel for you .You didn't get hurt did you? I don't know about the auto recyclers out here but in AZ and its extremely hard to find one that will sell just a hood, header panel assembly and fender etc.. most of the places would only sell the whole front clip in one piece unless part of it was already damaged. You might be able to find some parts at a good price for it on CL however. I had a Grand Cherokee 4X4 Limited and I liked it a lot but I learned one thing from it when I was buying parts for mine... JEEP at least in my case stood for ... Just Empty Every Pocket :thumbs:

John

VinsRJ

Thaaaaaat's just a flesh wound..... :thumbs:

Glad to hear everyone was ok. Might want to re-think the truck angle seeing gas is going up, and up, and up....... :thumbs: :thumbs:

JimD

Hey Bob, glad no one was hurt. As for the jeep, just plunk a couple of those snow chucker lights on the hood and you'll be good as new! :thumbs:

Gerry w

Really glad that both you and the other driver are okay. You can replace cars, people though, not so much.

Sorry about the rig, take your time, find the right rig. And FORDS are great!!

Buzz

:thumbs: Well that certainly sucks.......... :thumbs: Glad you're okay but you might feel it in the AM. These old bodies don't tolerate much jolting. :thumbs:

Operator

Like everyone said, Glad the two of you are ok! Ok three of you. So what happened to the old boy, still driving?

You guys have nice weather over there, NO SNOW! on the ground, we still have a foot.

Gerry, I'm proud of you!

stevasaurus

Hey Bob glad you are OK...like you are having a bad stretch. How's the ribs??

Got an idea for ya...Drive that Jeep down to Indianapolis this Friday for the Illinois vs. Michigan Tournament Game. Take Slugo with ya and charge $1.00 a wack. :thumbs: You may be able to buy a new one. :thumbs:

6wheeler

Glad to hear no-one got hurt. I saw an episode of the Red Green show where he shows how to fix that up with a skil saw and some duck tape. It don't even have to be the same type vehicle to donate the replacement parts if ya use yer saw right :thumbs: good luck to ya.

Don1977

Glad to heard you did get hurt. With 213,000 miles you have already got the best of that one, time for a new one anyway.

mavfreak

I just hope the ins company doesn't wreck you again. I had a dodge mini van that I bought and had on the road for three months paid 2800 for it but the ins would only give me 1550. I was going to take them to court but my brother (Lawyer :thumbs: ) said that it would be a waist of time. I dickered with them for several weeks and got them to come up to 1900. I had a very simulur acciedent as you did a older woman who was lost pulled out of a red light in front of me.

I'm glad everyone is ok

sgtsampay

Wow. glad no one was hurt. Let us know what you decide.

Shuboxlover

I'd rather push a John Deere than drive a Ford....wait, how does that go??? :thumbs: :thumbs:

HorseFixer

Well guess how much the estimate was just to get the Body Work done! $3400.00 Buckaroo's :thumbs: WoW a 13 year Old vehicle I had put PLPD on it cause it had that many miles plus being that old I figured like Mav said I wouldnt get much outta it. Anyways that's the way it goes sometimes. I will only get $500.00 Tort limit by Mich law and will sell the engine for 600.00 to 800.00 as it has only 52000 miles and is a Jasper that I installed fall of 2007. I have other parts that guys want to buy so all total I should score around 1800 to 2000.

Well anyways here is a pretty clean 2003 that is prolly gonna be my new Ride this has a V8 with a few more ponies to pull the horse hauler! Nope Damnit couldnt find a Red One! :thumbs:

Jeep2.jpg

Jeep.jpg

Jeep7.jpg

Buzz

Nope Damnit couldnt find a Red One! :thumbs:

Uh Duke, your local Toro dealer has the correct red paint in spray cans :thumbs:

Of course you could always take it to Earl Scheib for his $199 special.......

mavfreak

That looks nice. I might drive one like that, even not being much of a jeep guy.

Its a shame what insurance companies do to you. Sorry about that :thumbs: