Sign in to follow this  
Pudge565

HT55C- 3088

Pudge565

I am currently looking for an HT55C - 3088 to start the restoration of my grandfather's 1962 502. I wanted to get it finished before his passing but he passed away Thursday February 24th. I would like to now finish it and take it to shows in his memory. I would accept a different engine that will fit if I have to.

stevebo

Glade to see you made it here. Hopefully someone will be able to help you ...

mavfreak

I acquired my grandfathers wheel horse in the same way. I think of him every time I see it. Sorry for your loss my sympathies to you and your family.

And by the the way :thumbs:

I hope someone can help you with the engine your looking for.

Also it would help if you would give a location so we know where abouts you live!

VinsRJ

:thumbs: and I am sorry for your loss.

If you still have the original tins for the motor, you can locate a H60 Tech and swap the original blower tins, recoil, air box over to it.

Pudge565

Yes I do have the original blower housing and recoil. Not sure what you mean by air box. The problem is that the recoil is currently stuck due to corrosion as my brother took the engine and part of the tractor apart years ago. He lost interest and left it that way. I still have the block for the engine and am currently trying to get it moving again as the piston is corroded to the cylinder due to the above mentioned brother.

puddlejumper

Just a quick word of advise do not get rough handed with the engine because it is almost irreplaceable. Also after soaking for a extended amount of time you might try to close the valves and reinstall the head. at this point you can adapt the spark plug hole down to a grease fitting and actually apply a constant extreme amount of pressure to the piston with a grease gun. In this way you can apply a lot of force without the chance of busting something using hammer technology. And if all fails give me a chance to purchase the engine. Dont try to do it all at once pressurize let it set for a day then repressure and so on and so on.

VinsRJ

Yes I do have the original blower housing and recoil. Not sure what you mean by air box. The problem is that the recoil is currently stuck due to corrosion as my brother took the engine and part of the tractor apart years ago. He lost interest and left it that way. I still have the block for the engine and am currently trying to get it moving again as the piston is corroded to the cylinder due to the above mentioned brother.

Mix together a 50/50 mixture of asitone and ATF tranny fluid and fill the bore. Just let it sit for a couple days and then try freeing up the piston by applying gentle pressure. If it remains stuck let it soak for a longer period of time. If you work it slowly you will have better results with less damage. I have had great results with this method.

wheelhorse656

:thumbs: and sorry for your loss.

P.S. i have some parts for this engine if you need some i have a piston and rod sump cover cam etc. just p.m. me if you need anything!!

Pudge565

Well right now the piston is at TDC I think it is called. The piston is at top of cylinder and both valves are closed. I will try the acetone adn ATF. I have been using PB blaster currently. Is there anywhere I can get a manual on the engine for repairs and such as I do not really have engine experience and don't want to ruin it. I know I will need the spark wire as it is all cracked and wire is exposed so possibly need the magneto also not sure if it is one assembly or not. As you may be able to tell I will be on here quite often after I start to get the correct dis assembly and reassembly instructions.

wheelhorse656

Well right now the piston is at TDC I think it is called. The piston is at top of cylinder and both valves are closed. I will try the acetone adn ATF. I have been using PB blaster currently. Is there anywhere I can get a manual on the engine for repairs and such as I do not really have engine experience and don't want to ruin it. I know I will need the spark wire as it is all cracked and wire is exposed so possibly need the magneto also not sure if it is one assembly or not. As you may be able to tell I will be on here quite often after I start to get the correct dis assembly and reassembly instructions.

if you send the mag to me plus the wire to fix it with i can probly fix it for you.also here is the a link to a tecumseh manul that should help you just follow the procedures for timing the engine and what ever els u need to do. this i the exact same motor as a h60 h50 to the exception that its a luason and not a tecky. but they take the same timing rocedure pistion assembly procedure to the eception the parts are a little diffrent.

click on this for the link to the page the manul link is posted.

sorekiwi

this i the exact same motor as a h60 h50 to the exception that its a luason and not a tecky. but they take the same timing rocedure pistion assembly procedure to the eception the parts are a little diffrent.

The HT55 is actually a little different from the H60. It has an oil pump whereas the H60 is splash lubricated. As such the rod is different as well (no dipper). The valves and valve springs use a different retaining method. I'm sure there are some other differences that havent sprung to mind.

A lot of what the manual describes for the H60 will be very similar for the HT55, but be aware that there are some differences.

A new wire can be put into your mag.

VinsRJ

Flip the motor over and fill the bore from the bottom with the asetone and ATF. Be patient it needs to work in, may take a couple of days. I also at times will use a little MAPP gas to "warm" the block up to aid the soak. There is no need to heat the block, just warm it up. Let it cool and try to work the piston, notice I did not say pound. :thumbs:

Also I've seen stuck valves lock a motor up also. Pull the valve breather cover and try getting some penatrating oil down the valve guides. It wouldn't hurt soaking the tappets too.

Pudge565

I better take a look at a manual as I have no idea of where or what some of the parts you are talking about are.

wheelhorse656

this i the exact same motor as a h60 h50 to the exception that its a luason and not a tecky. but they take the same timing rocedure pistion assembly procedure to the eception the parts are a little diffrent.

The HT55 is actually a little different from the H60. It has an oil pump whereas the H60 is splash lubricated. As such the rod is different as well (no dipper). The valves and valve springs use a different retaining method. I'm sure there are some other differences that havent sprung to mind.

A lot of what the manual describes for the H60 will be very similar for the HT55, but be aware that there are some differences.

A new wire can be put into your mag.

i have the style rode for the v60 tecumseh that takes the same rod it has the same size journal minus the oil dipper. some tecumsehs used retaining clips and some used the ones with a pin threw the exuast or intake somtimes both. i have a set with each. but i dont want to sell those. also i said

" To The Exception That Some Parts Are Diffrent"

Not wanting to start anything but i did know what i was talking about. :thumbs:

puddlejumper

OK 656 V60 rod h60 piston and rings now since a lot of them seem to have went bad due to oil pump locking up and busting the oil pump gear do you have a remedy for that. If you do I would be interested because I need some help in that category.