Sign in to follow this  
rocking 416

Contest idea for the big show

rocking 416

I have an excellent idea for a contest. We should see who can pull a trailor the furthest straight. anyone agree????

Sparky

You mean a backin up contest right? I can go straight forward forever :whistle: .

Mike...........

rocking 416

:whistle: i ment when ur backing up can you keep your trailor strait? :WRS:

Curmudgeon

That's not very hard to do if you pay attention. You'll have to make it a timed event to rush the drivers to make it real interesting. Or back up through an obstacle course.

TT

What about using a wagon instead of a trailer? :whistle:

rocking 416

i was thinking the commen lawn and garden carts, because thats what i have, however if some one has a wagon that woul dbe cool because i hear there more of a challenge

kj4kicks

I'd be all for a contest to see who could fill up a trailer with dirt the fastest.... :WRS: :whistle:

Curmudgeon

Wagons do create more of a challenge.

I'm going back a few years, plus longer is easier, and I'm definitely out of practice, but.... we used to see how far we could back up the chopper or baler with the wagon behind it.

So essentially, we're talking is, backing up a wagon BEHIND a trailer!

We could go a ways, but you REALLY had to stay on top of it, and even then, it wasn't long until the tractor was swinging all over the place, then there was just no keeping up.

BPjunk

I'll tell you what!

Ya'll get me 700 Wheel Horses at the 10th Annual Wheel Horse Show .......

AND I WILL DRIVE THE 702 TOW TRUCK TRACTOR WITH A TRACTOR IN TOW AND BACK IT UP THE LENTH OF THE PARADE ROUTE!!!!!!!! :whistle::D:WRS:

WILD Bill in Richmond, Va.

Attached Image

post-22-1210906534.jpg

nylyon

Someone's got to print that out and bring a clicker-counter to the show.... :whistle:

Rollerman

Now Bill what are you going to be hauling behind that 702 if we do see 700 + tractors?

Are we talking an RJ58...or we going to get Duane to loan us one of his D250's..... :whistle:

glenn27

That would definate ly be interesting--a wagon--hooked to a tractor...

.mmm-two pivot points...

mmmmph...Kind of like backing a Tractor-trailer behind a Wrecker....

:whistle:

combatmp29r

I'm going back a few years, plus longer is easier, and I'm definitely out of practice, but.... we used to see how far we could back up the chopper or baler with the wagon behind it.

So essentially, we're talking is, backing up a wagon BEHIND a trailer!

Yep I remember those moves Dale. I remember backing baler and wagon up the hill as one to put them in the barn when it was raining. :D I also remember being pulled off the seat a few times by the old man because " Your takin too long quit playin, the hay is gettin wet." After which he'd put it in the barn first try almost full throttle in reverse. :WRS: :whistle:

Curmudgeon

Yep I remember those moves Dale. I remember backing baler and wagon up the hill as one to put them in the barn when it was raining. :D I also remember being pulled off the seat a few times by the old man because " Your takin too long quit playin, the hay is gettin wet." After which he'd put it in the barn first try almost full throttle in reverse. :WRS::whistle:

Yeah, kinda amazing what the "old man" could do wasn't it?

Now that I'm that old... I wonder if I could come close????

combatmp29r

Yeah, kinda amazing what the "old man" could do wasn't it?

Now that I'm that old... I wonder if I could come close????

Yep it sure is. At 74 he can still do it too. Now at about half his age its half throttle and I can pull it off :whistle:

baerpath

Anyone remember the FFA backing contests ? A "building" layed out with sticks and twine. Back in one door and snake it around to go out the other side on the far end. Back from left or right through two stick 4 inches wider than your wagon (L shaped backing) There were other ones too

I'd want to use TT's trike :whistle: or if large enough a D250 with individual brakes :WRS:

Duane

Rod(NASNUT)

I'll tell you what!

AND I WILL DRIVE THE 702 TOW TRUCK TRACTOR WITH A TRACTOR IN TOW AND BACK IT UP THE LENTH OF THE PARADE ROUTE!!!!!!!! :WRS::D:D

Hay Bill is that 700 in one day or for 2 days :whistle:

Curmudgeon

Anyone remember the FFA backing contests ? A "building" layed out with sticks and twine. Back in one door and snake it around to go out the other side on the far end. Back from left or right through two stick 4 inches wider than your wagon (L shaped backing) There were other ones too

I'd want to use TT's trike :whistle: or if large enough a D250 with individual brakes :WRS:

Duane

Oh heck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good old FFA. The first time I was elected as a secretary, but not the "secretary with the gams" at that time. Wish I could still fit in my blue jacket, where IS my blue jacket anyway?????

HorseFixer

I have an excellent idea for a contest. We should see who can pull a trailor the furthest straight. anyone agree????

Im pulling the Dukes Wheel Horse hauler 585 miles straight to the show! :WRS: Does that count? Im haulin two Bill so we only have 698 to go! :whistle:

Duke

linen beige

I'll tell you what!

AND I WILL DRIVE THE 702 TOW TRUCK TRACTOR WITH A TRACTOR IN TOW AND BACK IT UP THE LENTH OF THE PARADE ROUTE!!!!!!!! :whistle::D:WRS:

I hadn't heard anyone say if the count got to 700. Did Bill have to live up to his promise?

DMESS

I talked to Bill before I left and he said it was at least 700 tractors. Somehow he slipped out of his promise I guess!

linen beige

I talked to Bill before I left and he said it was at least 700 tractors. Somehow he slipped out of his promise I guess!

:D <_< :WRS::whistle: (That sure was one quick response there Dustin!)

Buzz

Bill "conveniently" :whistle: didn't have room to bring the tow tractor to the show. Guess we can let him slide, he really works 24/7 on the show the last couple of weeks before it's on. A great show............

rustbucket

just got to make bill bring the tow tractor next year to hold to his promise then.