Sign in to follow this  
B-8074

Dozer blade won't doze

B-8074

The springs keep tripping. Anyone ever use a solid link instead of the springs? If so what did you use?

keg

the previous owner of mine took the springs off and put small turnbuckles on mine. it seems 2 wrk good i havnt had the chance to do a whole lot of pushing with mine but what i have done ,it does seem to work good. i wouldn use it as a batering ram lol so it wont damage the tractor or blade :thumbs:

wheelhorse656

i just had a set that came free with my snow blade i can get u pictures if you would like. :thumbs: i do belive wheelhorse made them.

mavfreak

just what are you trying to push? I don't think I ever had the springs trip. even when I tryed pushing out a stump

B-8074

I'm moving top soil. My springs may be weak, because it doesn't take a whole lot of effort to trip the plow. I have other springs I can try, but I'm still gonna get something to make a solid link. I have some slotted angle for hanging a garage door I may try.

mavfreak

Unless its frozen then I agree it shouldn't trip. Your springs may be weak. I may have some springs here if you want to try them. But I also think solid links may be best if its just top soil

B-8074

Thanks for the offer of the springs. I have a couple blades with springs so I hope I can find a good pair. If you check out "Moving some dirt" in the wheel horse section you'll see what I'm moving. It's not frozen, but it is wet.

IthacaJeff

I'd avoid a solid link. . . I've hit some serious stuff that would likely have caused

plow or tractor damage had the blade not tripped. Springs are pretty easy to come

by at most good hardware stores, you might want to check them out.

Jeff in Enfield NY

VinsRJ

I'd avoid a solid link. . . I've hit some serious stuff that would likely have caused

plow or tractor damage had the blade not tripped. Springs are pretty easy to come

Jeff in Enfield NY

+2 :thumbs:

Kelly

If you have another set of springs double them up like on the D blades, all you will need is longer pins to hold them on.

wallfish

Jeff in Enfield NY

+3

I've pushed quite a bit of dirt with a blade and don't have too much of a problem with the springs tripping unless it hits something hard. I adjust the top of the blade forward to push loose dirt so it doesnt dig in. If the top of the blade is adjusted all the way back it will dig into the ground and cause the springs to trip more. Like you said, the springs may be weak. Mine take alot of force before they let go.