Sign in to follow this  
dpm2000bolt

C141 DIESEL CONVERSION

sgtsampay

PM sent!

Forest Road

Look like fun. Have you had any cold days to try starting that thing?

dpm2000bolt

Look like fun. Have you had any cold days to try starting that thing?

the coldest it has been is 30's, I didn't wire up the headlights yet and for the time being I am using the headlight switch for the intake preheater so it comes on with the key and I can turn it off when it starts..

it might turnover slow when it is coming up to top compression once it is past it has fired up pretty easy.

but looking forward to a cold day to try it.

dpm2000bolt

getting nicer outside feeling like I got it pretty much back together thought I would get a few pics of both my C-141s

IMG_4118.jpg

IMG_4117.jpg

IMG_4115.jpg

IMG_4114.jpg

IMG_4113.jpg

Kelly

Do you know you have a early set of JD wheel weights on your tractor? They sell for BIG money they have one cut out not two like the later ones I've seen them sell for over $300 a set, I just picked up a set this winter.

dpm2000bolt

Do you know you have a early set of JD wheel weights on your tractor? They sell for BIG money they have one cut out not two like the later ones I've seen them sell for over $300 a set, I just picked up a set this winter.

Nice Eye Kelly, and no I didn't know that the crazy thing is I picked them up dirt cheap. I got a snow blower off Ebay in Mich for $50 and I got up there and he said everything in the yard make and offer it is was the weights wheel horse tires on rims, 36" rd mower deck, tire chains, and the snow blower for $150 total

he said the wife was on him and he had to clean the yard. He was a mower guy for sure he had a Cub Cadet hanging up by the rearend Like deer to strip it down

420lse

Hey dpm

Just curious on how your liking the diesel? Any comments on fuel consumption, power and all that good stuff. Would love to see some close ups of the PTO mods.

Nice job man.

Moe

dpm2000bolt

Hey dpm

Just curious on how your liking the diesel? Any comments on fuel consumption, power and all that good stuff. Would love to see some close ups of the PTO mods.

Nice job man.

Moe

Moe,

I love my Hydro, but I will jump on the diesel just as fast. The power is there, I had my Tiller on and put it next to dads C-160 running his tiller. I think the dirt ran and was hiding when it seen the 3 horses out after it. Fuel I am not sure I check it now and then but using the Moldboard plow, tiller and running the trailer down the road to get manure is only work out I have done. I have locked down the throttle when tilling, and listen to the motor and it does not bog down but I have stalled the PTO if i feed it too much dirt (low gear in 1st).

I will see about getting pictures, I learned that they make different size PTO hopes after I had it done. Making the lower bracket was easy after having a B-100 lower bracket in hand the upper bracket is two pieces of flat stock welded together to get the correct position.

I think i will put diesels on the other tractors if I have any issues with them. I think my first full restore might be making the GT14 a diesel Trike outfitting it with the 50" grader blade.. I keep seeing Brrr's popping up

dpm2000bolt

Hey dpm

Would love to see some close ups of the PTO mods.

Nice job man.

Moe

IMG_4222.jpg

Battery under the seat where the gas tank was

IMG_4221.jpg

riser to lift the hood and what I am doing with the exhaust for now

IMG_4219.jpg

steering extension had to extend it the 1 1/2 as everything else

Well here it the PTO and this is just what came to me at the time and is working great as it needed extended out and raised to use the block holes, and at the time it was in the 20*s so I went it. Works good so why change it....

IMG_4217.jpg

top view

IMG_4216.jpg

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4214.jpg

420lse

Thanks for the pic's. It really helps me and probably many of us interested in the whole diesel swap thing. Just got my clone and am anxious to get the project squaired away . Thank's again man.

Moe

dpm2000bolt

Thanks for the pic's. It really helps me and probably many of us interested in the whole diesel swap thing. Just got my clone and am anxious to get the project squaired away . Thank's again man.

Moe

Lets just say i "free handed" but I will say I love it, and has great power. Glad to hear that a few more are doing transplants. I am looking forward to another members project I think he said it was a 23 HP twin Diesel. I am sure that many will come up with better ways to "skin the cat" but this was what I came up with in 2 days on working on it after work. I am looking forward to getting a 48" deck to get to hang under her and see how she does.

Well please keep us up to date on your transplant, and any questions please ask anyone and I will do my best to help

littleredrider

My diesel should be here Monday. Got the pulley/clutch off the old motor, and ordered the sleeve for 1 1/8" to 1" crank. Don't think I'm gonna need the clutch, but I have it just in case.

Love to have the 23 horse twin diesel......

dpm2000bolt

My diesel should be here Monday. Got the pulley/clutch off the old motor, and ordered the sleeve for 1 1/8" to 1" crank. Don't think I'm gonna need the clutch, but I have it just in case.

Love to have the 23 horse twin diesel......

the PTO sleeve is the only thing that needed to change when I stepped down from the K321 14 HP, I found mine on (I think ) an 8 HP.. everything is easy bolt on other then the PTO top bracket. Also since I bolted to the frame look for a longed PTO hoop as i think Kelly said they have 3 different sizes and just could use the bottom bracket from say a B-100. or fab one like what I did.

Kelly

yes there two main PTO hoops the short used with the shaker mount engines and the long with the soild mount engines, I ordered my 25hp V twin diesel yesterday.

dpm2000bolt

I ordered my 25hp V twin diesel yesterday.

Sweet.. I am so looking forward to seeing it running. Kelly as always you are full of information, just glad to be here and have some knowledge to help pass to fellow members on their transplants. i just jumped in and did mine, but will be here to help anyone doing theirs.

sgtsampay

Hello. Here is my diesel PTO clutch. This clutch was on a 16Hp Briggs twin and it somehow fit perfectly on the new diesel. I didn't mod anything. I did have to make a new breast plate for the engine though but that was not an issue.

100_0503.jpg

100_0504.jpg

100_0509.jpg

Here is my temp exhaust set-up. Its also wrapped in some good header wrap and it seems to keep the battery cool enough not to melt or anything. But I guess time will tell when I'm out mowing for several hours..

100_0501.jpg

100_0505.jpg

100_0506.jpg

Lastly, here is my dash board:

The Choke is the new glow plug switch, the starter switch is a push button starter, and the light switch is the normal light switch. Also the amp meter works fine both ways.

100_0507.jpg

420lse

Looks good Bobby.Nice job.

Have either of you guys thought about using the oridinal fuel tank with an elec fuel pump? Also, any thoughts on running veggie oil?

Thanks Moe

sgtsampay

Um.. Never considered using the old tank, as I like the extra room in the back. Now, for the veggie oil? I know nothing as I'm still working on my first gallon of diesel.

420lse

Um.. Never considered using the old tank, as I like the extra room in the back. Now, for the veggie oil? I know nothing as I'm still working on my first gallon of diesel.

What do u do with the extra room? I figured the worst case sceniro you could fill the tank with cement to add a little weight :thumbs: Waste of a good tank?

I'm guessing you're liking the fuel usage?

dpm2000bolt

What do u do with the extra room? I figured the worst case sceniro you could fill the tank with cement to add a little weight :thumbs: Waste of a good tank?

I'm guessing you're liking the fuel usage?

I put extra weight back there LOL the battery. work perfect with 4 washers the old gas tank was mount was wide enough for the battery

sgtsampay

Yeah the fuel usage is good but thing again I haven't done nothing with the tractor but pull a cart and drive around the yard. When I start tilling and mowing, i will know more about the engine. Thats for sure.

Also, as far as putting the battery back there, yeah I will do the same if I can't get exhaust stack built. Also, I will be mounting my homemade hitch back there soon, so the extra room will be great!

Kelly

I plan to use the stock tank, with a small elect. pump. on my unit, I can't wait, but I will have to wait a few weeks to get it, it's comming direct from the factory, got a better price that way.

420lse

Would love to see the pics of salty's exhaust system if he sent them out to anyone.

Thanks

Moe