Sign in to follow this  
dpm2000bolt

C141 DIESEL CONVERSION

SALTYWRIGHT

I WILL BE AT THE W/H SHOW IN PA. IN JUNE WITH MY DIESEL 417-8. ON FRIDAY AAD MAYBE SATURDAY. (IF I FIND A PLACE TO STAY.) RUSS

sgtsampay

:thumbs: Please let me know how everything goes as i will be cunducting this swap on my tractor in a few weeks. I had to wait for that tax refund you know. :thumbs:

Thanks.. :thumbs:

littleredrider

I might go with the smaller 6 horse, that should fit

with little or no trimming. Little cheaper too....

dpm2000bolt

Well looking into why my belt was slipping is the belt that was on it was too narrow.. I am now starting over from scratch as wrong length on the belt and wrong Pulley on the motor. I know have the right belt and needing to find out if they made a 5 1/4 pulley that has a 1" bore the pulley that was on it when I got it was 4" and the wrong belt was shorter :thumbs:

does anyone know what size pulley was on the C81 that was on the motor? or what was the other size pulley on the 8 speed on axle?

can whlvr

i think u have to look for an 80s gt pulley for a hydro,its close to 5 and 1/4 with one inch shaft,probally not that common of a part,dont know if the dealer still has them

dpm2000bolt

well tonight I have the tractor only without the hood and drive belt guard, but it is running, driving good and even have the Snow Blower on just incase I get to use it as it was trying to snow tonight. so the PTO looks like it is mounted and working good just have not put a load on it yet..so i am sitting back :thumbs: waiting till I get to use it :thumbs: I think it all went well and will do it again

massey

How about some pics?

dpm2000bolt

yes the hood in not in place as still need to figure out how I want to do it, once I have that done I want to put a stack on it and the drive blet gaurd is still off.. but ready for snow it it comes

IMG_4106.jpg

IMG_4103.jpg

IMG_4101.jpg

IMG_4100.jpg

IMG_4097.jpg

in this you can see the Battery in now under the seat it works out great with no tank back there

IMG_4107.jpg

massey

looks good, I need to do one of these also. Where did you get the engine?

littleredrider

They are on ebay for $600 shipped on the 10 horse.

That motor is tall, even without the tank and stuff on there, don't think that would fit under a round hood....:thumbs:

dpm2000bolt

I got it from Carrol Streams webpage yes it is $659. but that includes shipping. I ordered it on Sunday Night and had it Tuesday.

I told you that motor was tall littleredrider, that is why I have not got my hood on yet. the compression relief is about the highest point on it

here is a Link

Carroll Stream

Jim_M

On my loader tractor I ran the exhaust down and aimed it to the rear of the tractor.

Horse'n Around

Thats really cool,with good traction,I cant see anything dragging it down.A nice plus of having a nice heavy battery under the seat is the added weight over the rear end. Nice work!

John

dpm2000bolt

well I am working on spacers that will raise the dash and steering wheel up 1 1/2 inches and then I will put one under the hood hinge. I am hoping to have this done tomorrow and have the hood on. I am thinking I am going to have to cut the hood alot less since raising it up but the air cleaner is a monster but will have to cross that when I get there. I have it pulled off and out of the way right now just to make sure I am not hitting anything else.

dpm2000bolt

here is what I am thinking I still need to bolt a few things and extend the steering wheel

Just want to say I do have a SPARE HOOD and saved all the pieces so always can put back with the wire welder :thumbs:

IMG_4112.jpg

IMG_4110.jpg

Nice job on the hood lift - it's very subtle and looks like it belongs. Is there any way to add a spacer to the airbox - maybe just push it out an inch, so you can bring the hood down behind it? However, it still looks great.

Any thoughts yet on how to do the exhaust header?

Looking good. It would be cool to hear this diesel being worked in a video.

dpm2000bolt

Kelly

Was your spare hood off a C-111? it looks to have the factory notch on the nose to clear the briggs aircleaner.

I can't wait to get my diesel project going.

420lse

Nice conversion. Nice pic's!

Did the PTO bracket need to be moded to fit?

dpm2000bolt

Kelly I am not sure where this hood came from I seen that also and wondered about it. I am not sure where or what the previous owner did to it :thumbs: all I know it I am having fun with it now. I can't wait to put her to work I got everything extended tonight and bolted together. the only problem I am having is putting the Power to the Ground got it stuck tonight with the lawn roller the Turf savers only are good for loading up with dirt..

420lse

The PTO bottom bracket is one from scratch as I modeled it after I think the bracket I pulled off of a B-80 as it mounted on two of the 3 holes used with the attach-o-matic I found that it needed to be about 1/2 inch taller then that bracket.

the top PTO bracket is the stock mounted to a bracket that I fabricated to use the 2 hole that was in the Block

Kelly

So anyone else doing this knows they make the PTO hoops in I think 3 different sizes, the bottom is londer on some, like the shaker mount engines are short, the ones that the pto hoops extends to the frame are longer, good info to know if you need it.

dpm2000bolt

Well thanks for the info as I was not aware of this but will keep my eyes open in the bone yard next time would have saved some time for sure :thumbs:

420lse

Excellent info. I will be converting a C-85 that was given to me and would like to use the pto for my thrower. I was wondering if there was a way to mount a generator off the rear end. With the right pully system you could make 4000 watts or even more and not have to run the motor at full throttle.

dpm2000bolt

Excellent info. I will be converting a C-85 that was given to me and would like to use the pto for my thrower. I was wondering if there was a way to mount a generator off the rear end. With the right pully system you could make 4000 watts or even more and not have to run the motor at full throttle.

I am here for any questions to help if someone else does a conversion. Yes finding that information out will help when and if I do any other Diesels as I am really liking it.

420lse

I am here for any questions to help if someone else does a conversion. Yes finding that information out will help when and if I do any other Diesels as I am really liking it.

Thanks dpm. I spoke with Salty on the phone about his diesel convert. Nice looking rigg and this guy has his act together. These motors are supposta be sippers when it comes to fuel consumption and power seems awsome. Let us know your feelings on the fuel situation. Would be interesting to know.