Sign in to follow this  
boovuc

42 inch Rear Discharge Deck

boovuc

Guys,

I aquired a rear discharge 42" deck from a guy who had it along with his blown 312-8 speed sitting outside for three years. The deck itself needs a spot welded on the right rear side but remarkably, the rest of the deck is very sound. I can't make out the model number but I would guess its an 05-42MR04 since the tractor is that vintage. (Non-Magnum 12HP Kohler in it).

Can someone supply me with spindle replacement numbers and the spindle belt replacement. I can't find a parts diagram for this deck.

Also....it used to have "something" along the rear discharge as I have several empty bolt holes along the back of it. Any concerns?

Thank,

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

mrocket49

Those holes at the rear of the deck are for an optional discharge deflector. I have one on mine but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference in the clipping pattern.

• Like 1

boovuc

Thanks Guys,

I did get some numbers off Parts Tree. Someday I'll learn to put the damn dashes in the model numbers! :thumbs:

RacinFool............thanks for the pdf parts list. That is handy for all my decks!

I wondered about the empty bolt holes. My old 857 RM rear discharge deck didn't have anything behind it and it seems to work OK.

Thanks again for your replies.

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA