Sign in to follow this  
dgoyette

D-180 snow plowing

dgoyette

I was able to get a video of the D-180 doing some clean up of the driveway. There was not a lot of snow so I decided not to bother with the snowblower. This D will move a lot of snow. What I really like is the weight it has on the front with that K series twin. It really makes pushing snow with an angled blade a breeze.

It is by far my favorite for snow plowing, the 56" blade is a good size for this tractor. I wish I had been able to get a video of it moving snow from a larger storm but oh well.

Sparky

Your "D" makes it looks effortless Darren. How much rear weight do you have? I'm hoping to find a "D" plow before next winter for my D-160.

Mike.........

dgoyette

Your "D" makes it looks effortless Darren. How much rear weight do you have? I'm hoping to find a "D" plow before next winter for my D-160.

Mike.........

Mike,

The tires are loaded, I am not sure how much they weight but I would guess at least 70-90 pounds of fluid in each. On the back I have two suitcase weights on the 3 point that weigh 75 pounds each. It is enough weight that I do not spend a lot of time spinning the wheels. I think a lot of wheel spinning due to not enough weight is a lot harder on the transaxle than adding the extra weight. If the conditions get real icy I even add a third suitcase weight.

Darren

Trouty56

Cool Darren....

When in those areas like at your deck I try to lift the blade just a bit so the full weight of the tractor plus most of the blade weight is on the steering wheels. It makes it take a tight turn a little better. Might have to do it twice though..lol. I have about 250 lb on my 3 pt and it really pushes. I have peeled the blacktop off the road in front of my house. Puttin' my tax money to work in road repair this year!! :thumbs:

Gerry w

Great video Darren! Thanks! You seem to be in the groove operating that rig!

Good looking tractor! :thumbs:

Gerry