Sign in to follow this  
118lfd

I sure hope I am not jumping the gun here

118lfd

I just finished rebuilding my 37" deck and bagger. New spindle bearings new idlers, new wheels and new bags. Most of all the right new blades. I had regular blades on it for the last 3 years but after joining here I realized the shop I bought the blades at was wrong. They stated the blades with the sails for the bagger were nla. The chute was always clogging but now it should work like I remember it when I used to cut my grandfathers lawn 20 years ago. Plow is off and in the shed with the snow blower. :thumbs:

I can't believe how quiet the deck it with all new bearings :thumbs:

Still have to take the chains and weights off but I just may wait on that

2011-02-27121414.jpg

2011-02-27121440.jpg

2011-02-27121429.jpg

2011-02-27121421.jpg

stevebo

I would leave the weights on.

squonk

You did it now. I see a March snowstorm in your future! :thumbs:

118lfd

You did it now. I see a March snowstorm in your future! :thumbs:

I know we can get some real storms in march. I think the latest snow I remember was around April 10 or so. I just can't wait for spring. Its not to big a deal to put the plow back on though. We'll see... I did not have the snow blower for our big storm the week after Christmas I wish I did!!

Shuboxlover

I'm itching to get my spring stuff on too, it'll probably be at least a month before I do anything though, you're getting me excited though....GOOD WORK!!!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

btw.....good looking horse :thumbs:

smoreau

:thumbs: I have that itch also. and I like that grass bagger also! arn't new bearings the best sound for a deck. :thumbs: :thumbs:

AMC RULES

Love the bagger, looks really good. :thumbs:

WH nut

I always loved the 37 in deck the most, I need to find one

JC 1965

Good looking setup, should get the job done right. I always liked the design of the 37" deck, seems like they don't get grass clogged up under them as bad as some of the others. The 36" side discharge is real bad for getting grass packed under it. ( that's my opinion anyway ). Good luck !! :thumbs:

Irv

Make sure the blade with the sail on it is on the outside (next to the chute). The tube will clog, no matter what, if the grass is too long or wet, especially with the tall bagger that you have. Try to cut when dry and not more than a couple inches at a time. It's alot easier to cut twice than to stop every 20 ft. and unclog the chute. Good luck. By the way, I did get the new bags for mine that you found. thanks

118lfd

Make sure the blade with the sail on it is on the outside (next to the chute). The tube will clog, no matter what, if the grass is too long or wet, especially with the tall bagger that you have. Try to cut when dry and not more than a couple inches at a time. It's alot easier to cut twice than to stop every 20 ft. and unclog the chute. Good luck. By the way, I did get the new bags for mine that you found. thanks

I used to cut it twice when it was tall once with the deck up all the way and once with the deck at the proper height. Even doing this I ended up cutting twice a week when the grass was growing good.

I used to cut my grandfathers yard with the same horse and deck. I got the horse when he passed on. I remember cutting in high 1 and 2 and it doing a real nice job but since I've had the mower I put new blades (wrong) on it and had to cut in low 2 or 3. Even with it at the highest setting and it would still clog.

I just ran it around the yard and sucked up all the leftover leaves and it really is a major improvement. Even through a ton of leaves it never clogged up. That's how I remember it :thumbs:

Man it felt good 57 degrees and running the mower with short sleeves on :thumbs:

hm12460

Thats a very nice machine you got there, wish i could find a 37" deck and bagger like that.

rick

Very nice! I have a 310-8 with a 37" deck, and would love to find a bagger for it. It is the best cutting deck I have.

woodchuckfarmer

Nice setup , id like one for fall to clean up the leaves. My house is in the woods