Sign in to follow this  
jdog_kustoms

520 gear reduction steering

jdog_kustoms

I was wondering if the gear reduction steering is really noticeable that it would be putting on my 416-8 or if just a swept forward front end would be ok I

Kelly

I can tell you, it's very nice, but takes more turns stop to stop, (all the way left to right) I have a spinner knob, and tri ribs on my plow tractor and I can turn it with one finger, setting still.

Shuboxlover

I've owned two 520's...one with and one without reduction steering. I will NEVER own another 520 unless in has steering reduction.....BUT....I you are only going to use a 48" deck (or smaller), I don't think the difference would be that noticeable. If you are going to use a 60" deck, GET STEERING REDUCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 520 that I had that didn't have reduction steered great when the 60" deck wasn't attached.

So I guess it all depends on what you are going to attach to it.

60" deck, two stage blower......STEERING REDUCTION HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

48" deck (or smaller), dozer blade, single stage blower.....not necessarily needed.

Hope this helps.

MalMac

What shuboxlover said 100%. I own one with reduction and one without. I all depends on what you put on it as far attachments. I currently have a 2 stage on the one without and I can tell you it's a bear to steer.

Wheel Horse Fan

I put the swept fwd axle and the gear reduction steering on my 416-8 for when the FEL goes on. It is a nice feature. I'm now trying to hunt for another gear reduction steering setup for my C-175.