Sign in to follow this  
rob65

312-8 carb

rob65

This is a picture of the carb on my 312-8. It does'nt match the diagrams shown on partstree for this tractor (1988). Is the needle broken? If not how do I remove it for cleaning, or do I?

Thanks, Rob

IMG_0102.jpg

rmaynard

It appears to be a Walbro, which is not adjustable. Kohler was required by the EPA to put less-polluting carburetors on their engines, and that is what you have.

Kelly

Yup, me I pitch the walboros and put kohler carbs on with the high speed screw on top.

rob65

How much should I expect to pay for a Kohler carb? :thumbs:

Where can I find a list of carbs. compatable with my motor?

(471527)

rmaynard

I think your M12 can accommodate a good used Carter #26, which should be available at a reasonable price on eBay and other sources.

You should be able to pick one up for under $30.00

dgoyette

Rob,

I may have missed a thread but curious what the problem is with this one? Maybe just a good soaking will be all it needs.

Darren

rob65

Rob,

I may have missed a thread but curious what the problem is with this one? Maybe just a good soaking will be all it needs.

Darren

Hey Darren...

I took the carb off to soak and could not figure out how to take the needle out. When I looked at the parts diagram, the two carbs didn

rmaynard

Fully adjustable needle valves. Gives you the ability to make the mixture richer or leaner as necessary.

can whlvr

i saw a site on ebay on kohler carbs,95 bucks new,ive been watching 4 used but there is no gaurantee that its not worn out,unless u can talk to the seller and ask about throttle shaft,is it tight and did the machine run perfect before carb was removed

Duff

Rob, for what it may or may not be worth, I'm running stock Walbro's on three Magnum engines. The only problems I've ever had have been related to dirt. After really cleaning the carbs thoroughly and being sure to change my air filters on a reasonably consistent basis they've been running sweet.

Just my two cents worth! :thumbs:

~Duff