Sign in to follow this  
Horse'n Around

Drive belt size for a Raider 10

Horse'n Around

Where would I look to find out the correct belt size for my 1970 Raider . Im going to Jordans in Biglerville this weekend to get a trans for it. Yes!!!! I can finally drive and use it Yipee!!!!! However, Ill need to buy a belt for it first. Unless I missed it, the manual I looked at doesn't have the size. Where would I find it, or perhaps some here already knows the right size. I don't know if it make any difference which engine it has but its a 12 Tecky . Theres a Lowe's nearby, they have a good selection of belts, there's also a Tractor Supply here too (Im in heaven) I would imagine that once I find out the correct size I could probably buy one at one or the other place. I guess I could always pull a MacGyver and tie some waistbands from underwear together and make a belt and hope for the best, but I cant spare the extra underwear.... oops I only have one pair :thumbs: so thats option is out. Just kidding about the single pair of underwear thing....thats just gross :thumbs:

I would appreciate any help you all (youns hahaha) can give me

John

Trouty56

If you have the part number you could add it on this site and you might get a size...

http://www.gates.com/part_interchange/inde...ocation_id=3286

There is a table out there too floating around online I've seen also.

When you heading to Jordon's?? Maybe I could slip up. I am about 5 miles away.

Anglo Traction

You should have a model number of 1-6051 on your Tractor . The part nbr for your Drive Belt is 7473. the section code is HB/5L and the length is 81.95 inches.

There should be no difference with a 12hp Techy fitted, provided the Engine Pulley is the same diameter as the old one.

This should allow you to obtain an equivilent Belt if you do not wish to use OEM.

Sorry John!. Just realised you changed your 'Handle' . Hope the move went ok to PA.

sorekiwi

In the "links" section here:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=143

there is a link to a Gates conversion database.

Just type in your WH part # and it will give you the Gates equivalent and dimensions. It also works for mower drive belts, S/G belts etc.

I take the Gates # to my favorite local (small) auto parts store. In the last year I've probably bought 10 belts and they have (so far) always had what I wanted hanging on the wall.

Horse'n Around

If you have the part number you could add it on this site and you might get a size...

http://www.gates.com/part_interchange/inde...ocation_id=3286

There is a table out there too floating around online I've seen also.

When you heading to Jordon's?? Maybe I could slip up. I am about 5 miles away.

Im going to be there in the afternoon, probably about 3:00 or so. I was planning on being there about 12:30 or 1:00 but our real estate agent has a house that she wants to show us and we have a appt see the house at noon. Im going to leave for Jordans right after I drop Margo off at our place. I dont think it will take more than a hour and a half to get there form here.

I hope to see you there. I told Jordan I would give him a call when I leave for his place. it would be great to meet you.

John

Horse'n Around

Thanks for all your replies. Thanks to your advise,I got the size info that I was needing, thanks for your help!

John

Trouty56

Im going to be there in the afternoon, probably about 3:00 or so. I was planning on being there about 12:30 or 1:00 but our real estate agent has a house that she wants to show us and we have a appt see the house at noon. Im going to leave for Jordans right after I drop Margo off at our place. I dont think it will take more than a hour and a half to get there form here.

I hope to see you there. I told Jordan I would give him a call when I leave for his place. it would be great to meet you.

John

I should be around...might even be there anyway. I have some things there to get myself. So maybe tomorrow... :thumbs: