Sign in to follow this  
wheel horse tractor guy

how is a d-180 front loader

wheel horse tractor guy

Hi guys,

A guy just called me and ask if i collect wheel horse's. My answer to him was Yes i do. He says to me he would like to up grade to a kabuta front loader and would like to sell his old one. So i asked what his old one was a d-180 front loader.

can anyone tell me about this tractor the guy wants $1500 with a weight box in back. He told me it has a ark loader on it. Has anyone herd about a ark loader i'm not familiar with that loader name. I'm very interested but were do i get parts for this machine they are rare to find are they not. Please i need as much info as possible. I'm going to look at it tomarrow thanks. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :thumbs:

Jim_M

Ark built the loaders for Wheel Horse. The price is right if it's in good shape. Parts are getting harder to find for the D series.

I've had a couple of D's with loaders. They do ok, but have their limits. My worst complaints are: They steer hard with anything in the bucket and the steering box is a weak point on a D to start with, and they take a half acre to turn around. Traction can be a problem with a full bucket unless you have a lot of weight in the weight box.

Having said all that, if the tractor is in good shape I would probably buy it for that price.

Shuboxlover

Jim couldn't have said it any better. I agree with everything he said. I would buy it for that price too. :thumbs:

dgoyette

I would buy it for that price too! The loader alone is worth about the $1200 -$1600.

B-8074

Where you located :thumbs: How come I never have luck like that? :thumbs:

stevebo

This is the same set up that I restored. It has the ark on it.

00000-1.jpg

00-1.jpg

It will pick up 300-350lbs. It all depends on what you are looking to do. It is great for light duty material moving. Here is a picture of what it looked like when I bought it. Came with a blown rear end that I needed to rebuild.

Auto18.jpg