Sign in to follow this  
1973Auto

1973 Sunstand Trany

1973Auto

Posted this in the regular WH area. Found the Trany section. Also looking for an exploded view. Thanks for any help or advise!!!!!

Trouble with The 1973 Auto. 12 hp Sunstrand auto trany. Only have forward. No reverse, and when I push in the Brake/Clutch it does nothing. Wheels go forward at full speed. Any thoughts /help before I send it some place, preferably not the swap sheet. I am willing to haul it to one of you guys that like/can work on these types of tranys. I am really not that confident in this area. But if it is not too complicated I will give it a shot. I can travel about 100 miles from zip code 14701 to drop off.

B-8074

I can send you pdf. of the manual if you want. Just pm me your e-mail.

1973Auto

Thanks Guys!!! :thumbs: The plastice cam is broken in 2.....Do they still make these after market??? Does anyone know where I can get one :thumbs:

TT

P/N 5996 - still available from Toro @ about $9

Buy a spare too...... they won't be around forever. :thumbs:

can whlvr

i agree with tt i bought five last year,might get a few more

Tankman

Thanks guys, copied the *.pdf for my Horse's library.

I have a minor problem with my parking break, seems the tranny works great. Just no parking break, stuck or something?

Lever is stuck.

1973 12 HP, automatic, Model No. 1-0465 B.

sorekiwi

I have a minor problem with my parking break, seems the tranny works great. Just no parking break, stuck or something?

Lever is stuck.

Probably someone has put the brake on while the tractor was still rolling and broken off the pawl that engages with the gear inside the transmission.

Nothing you can do without splitting the halves.

To confirm this, watch the lever on the right hand side (towards the front) as you try to engage the brake. If the pawl is broken, the lever will move, but the brake wont engage.

Tankman

sorekiwi, thanks for the reply.

Lever doesn't move at all. Stuck full time. Using the Horse isn't a problem but, can roll away a bit without the parkin' break.

I'll take a peek-a-boo under the sheetmetal, perhaps something is blocking the lever although perhaps stuck inside the tranny.