Sign in to follow this  
HeneryHawk

Bought a B-80 for parts...

HeneryHawk

I picked up a B-80 and it is complete minus tie rods. I got if for the rear end, and the steering gears. The only problem is I hate to see it torn apart. It has some rust but everything seem tight, probably low hours. Anyone else ever found it hard to use one for parts?

Also I like how it has a separate clutch and brake pedal, has anyone ever put the separate petals on a Raider 12?

Pollack Pete

I have a couple B-80'S.Great tractor.I wouldn't part it out.If you only need tie rods,they're cheap enough to buy.Almost anything I've ever bought for parts ended up as a worker.

Retired Wrencher

:thumbs: :thumbs::thumbs: H/H I agree with Pete. I would not part out look on e-bay for what u need there cheep enough. u could shine it up and make a few $$$ on it to pay back for the parts. I bought 2 / 1057 this year so I could make 1 good 1 I cleaned up the 2nd and trying to make it look some what original for sale in the spring. I hope this helps. Gary B......

HeneryHawk

As of now it does not run. The rust has made it through it in places on the sheet metal. My raider leaks oil out of every seal on the trans, and steering has a lot of play. Is the trans on the b-80 any different than the Raider 12? I will probably swap the parts around so that the tractor will still be complete.

pfrederi

As of now it does not run. The rust has made it through it in places on the sheet metal. My raider leaks oil out of every seal on the trans, and steering has a lot of play. Is the trans on the b-80 any different than the Raider 12? I will probably swap the parts around so that the tractor will still be complete.

You can replace all the seals on your raiders transmission for around $20 from a bearing supply place and $5 bucks for a toro gasket.

Steering probably can be fixed by adding a 3/4" ID shim to the steering shaft (The one that goes to the front and has the sector gear on the rear. Pull the cotter pin from the rear end of the shaft and put a shim on than put the pin back in. You may need more than one shim depending on their thickness and the degree of wear. Shims can be had a TSC or any good hardware store for less than a buck.

can whlvr

i too have a parts tractor that i think someday will be put together,i do the same thing,when i take a part i put the other one on the parts tractor,its a hydro with a strong pump so i have it in case